At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose
- As key member of the Process operation optimisation team and reporting into Process Operation Superintendent, the Process Optimisation Specialist scrutinizes operating strategies to identify gaps for improvement, drives testing and implementation of new operating strategies, assists with process data management and drives training of Control Room Operators.
Specific Job Responsibility
- The role has process operational improvements accountability.
- Develop training material and organise on job training of Control Room Operators.
- Identify control system deficiencies and propose improvements options.
- Collaborate with both operational and technical teams to drive implementation of improved operating strategies in the field of operation.
- Participate in downtime analysis discussions and propose solutions to avoid reoccurrence.
- Maintain process data Management and automatic reporting systems in the absence of Business Information Coordinator.
- Create monitoring trends, dashboards and increase ability of Control Room Operator to use them so as to make good production decisions.
- Drive implementation and introduction of advanced control technologies to improve operation and production.
- Manage expert system and analysers in the absence of expert system administrator.
- Establish data and info needed by operational team for each section of the plant to increase process parameters and KPI visibility so as to improve their control and impact on production.
Job Specific Competencies
- Deep understanding of Metallurgical operations of a high throughput copper concentrator.
- Knowledge of plant control systems, data management systems and software packages i.e. SCADA, PLC’s, PI.
- Deep data management systems understanding and computer literacy.
- Deep understanding of process advanced control systems.