BBC Media Action
BBC Media Action is the international development charity of the BBC. BBC Media Action uses media and communications to reduce poverty and promote human rights in developing countries. To achieve this, BBC Media Action partners with civil society, local media and governments to:
- Produce creative programmes in multi-media formats which inform and engage audiences around key development issues.
- Strengthen the media sector through strengthening professional capacity and infrastructure.
We work in partnership to provide access to useful, timely, reliable information. We help people engage in dialogue and take action to improve their lives. Our work in Zambia to effect change falls into two main thematic areas, governance, and health.
We are looking to recruit for the following full-time position:
Procurement and Logistics Officer
Overall Purpose of the Job
The position will include substantial logistics work and travel. The Procurement and Logistics Officer must have a proven track record of performing logistics work including general procurement and organising activities such as workshops and similar events. He/she will also be responsible for fleet management and ensuring that services, logbooks, vehicle tax, insurance, fuel analysis register and safety equipment are maintained and are up to date.
Essential Knowledge, skills, and experience
- Minimum 3 years driving experience.
- A relevant certificate in business studies, transport and logistics, procurement etc.
- Experience of maintaining fuel analysis and vehicle service register.
- Basic computer skills.
- Mechanical skills added advantage.
- Experience of working within the NGO sector is an advantage.
- Ability to conduct work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English.
- Willingness and ability to travel within Zambia.
- A valid driving license is essential.
Interested candidates who possess the necessary requirements should send a CV and a one page covering letter clearly identifying the job they are applying for. At this stage do not attach any certificates or references. Only applications submitted via email will be accepted. Deadline for submissions is the 16th September 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please submit applications to: [email protected].