Living Water International (LWI)
Living Water International (LWI) is a global non-governmental organization that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and experience “living water” (the gospel of Jesus Christ) which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water provide safe drinking water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Hygiene Education to communities across Africa. Multiple positions exist in the Zambia Country Office all positions will be based in CHIPATA:
Reporting to: Human Resources Manager
- Follows all the policies of the LWI Procurement Manual and uses all the procurement forms adequately.
- Compares prices amongst various vendors to make sound purchasing decisions
- Works within a given budget to purchase goods and services for the Country Office
- Ensures that products are delivered in a timely manner, and that the quality of the goods received is satisfactory
- Negotiates with contractors on price, mode of shipping, and delivery time
- Orders goods such as office supplies on a continuing basis to maintain certain inventory levels
- Checks invoices for accuracy and recommends to the Finance Manager/Officer to issue payment.
- Evaluates the performance of certain vendors to decide whether to continue buying from them
- Inventories items to determine which ones need to be purchased
- Enters data concerning inventory and order amounts into a computer database
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- MUST be a committed Christian with personal relationship with Christ Jesus
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management or 3 years’ direct experience
- Possesses strong negotiation skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills in both English and vernacular (Such as Nyanja, chi-chewa)
- Is timely in following up on contracts and checking on backordered items
- Budget management
- Has good math skills and is quickly able to calculate the cost of goods and services
- Is trustworthy and does not abuse authority or misappropriate funds
- Proficient in Microsoft programs
- Possession of a valid driver’s License
- A one-page application letter of up to 1000 words, spelling out how the applicant meets the qualifications and job requirements above. (Education, similar experience, Christian belief, skills etc)
- Send an updated CV (not more than (4) four pages) with Bio data, work experience, education etc.
- Do not send copies of your qualifications at this stage.
- Position applied for should be included in the subject line of your email when sending in your application.
- Submit applications to [email protected] or hand delivered to our office Plot 33F, Off Leopards Lane Kabulonga Lusaka
- The deadline for receipt of application letters is 1st Sept 2020 17: 00 hours, Zambian time
- LWI in Zambia is equal opportunity employer, and therefore qualified females are encouraged to apply.
- All documents submitted will not be returned and are subject to authenticity and background checks.
- A recommendation from your local pastor / church leader will be an added advantage.
- ONLY finalists shall be contacted, if you do not hear from us by 30th September 2020, consider your application unsuccessful.
- We encourage you to visit our website: www.water.cc for more information about our work.
- ONLY Applicants that STRICTLY meet the qualifications and person specifications should apply.