Jhpiego is recruiting for the position of Procurement Officer
Jhpiego, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, builds global and local partnerships to enhance the quality of healthcare Jhpiego, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, builds global and local partnerships to enhance the quality of healthcare services for women and families around the world. Jhpiego is a global leader in the creation of innovative and effective approaches to developing human resources for health.
Support the Procurement Manager in undertaking all procurement requirements of the Country Office. This includes sourcing, negotiating, purchasing and liaising with all vendors/suppliers and ensure implementation of Procurement processes and procedures.
- Support the development of the consolidated procurement and implementation plan.
- Perform procurement functions including; Soliciting for quotations, negotiating prices, delivery and after sale services with vendors, raising Purchase Orders, Tax letters and forwarding to vendors/suppliers.
- Generate Basis for Vendor Selection (BVS) and ensure that it is fully approved.
- Ensure that purchase orders are shared with the stores Officer.
- Ensure that invoices for vendors are submitted to Finance for timely payment.
- Assist in the clearance of shipments from customs or any other government body in collaboration with appropriate staff.
- Work with Stores Officer to ensure that documentation related to donation/hand over of supplies or equipment to facilities supported by Jhpiego is properly kept.
- Work with Stores Officer and Administration Manager in ensuring that all office equipment are captured in the inventory as soon as such have been delivered to Jhpiego Zambia.
- Provide support to the annual inventory counts as appropriate. (delete)
- Maintain and update procurement records and ensure that copies are properly filed.
- Implement the procurement s /policies as outlined by Jhpiego.
- Assist in coordinating with Baltimore staff on approvals, shipments, clearing and deliveries to the office.
- Degree in purchasing and supply or other related field
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience.
- Experience working in a large procurement unit
- Experience working in a busy office
- Computer skills including demonstrated hands on-experience in MS Word, MS Power Point, and MS Excel.
- Data base management
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- An understanding of relevant legislation USG regulations , policies and procedures relating to procurement
- Experience working in a multicultural organization
- Self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- High attention to detail
- Hardworking, flexible & dependable.
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities, sometimes working overtime, in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization
Please send your application letter and curriculum vitae only in a single document to the Human Resources Director: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
The closing date is Tuesday August 2, 2022