Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is a nationally registered NGO working with development projects within the field of education, health, agriculture and other poverty alleviation programmes. Projects are carried out in all the provinces of Zambia reaching over 1 million people. Key funding partners include the Government of Zambia, national and international development organisations (USAID, EU, Global Fund, WFP and more) as well as private sector organisations.
DAPP in Zambia is seeking qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position of Procurement Officer, tenable in Ndola.
Duties and Essential Job Functions
- Participates in supplier identification and physical vendor due diligence.
- Creates and maintains professional rapport with vendors regarding prices, products quality, availability and delivery.
- Examines quotations received from suppliers to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Makes arrangement with Procurement Manager to present the quotations to the Tender Committee for selection of a suitable vendor
- Gets appropriate review and approval before purchase order is raised and issued.
- Raises orders specifying the type and quantity of goods or services required.
- Transmits and prioritizes approved purchase orders and supporting documents to suppliers.
- Reviews, updates, and maintains purchase order records until they are closed.
- Tracks deliveries and ensures specifications conform to deliverables.
- Liaises with the Administrator, or other designated staff, to ensure that all the goods received are recorded in either the Inventory or Asset Register.
- Regularly monitors the progress and lead time of the orders made to ensure purchases are achieved within the agreed time frames.
- Maintains complete records of all the procurement documents e.g. copies of orders, quotations, tender documents.
- High Level of communication skills, with experience in preparing correspondence and other written materials
- Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team
- High level in Microsoft Programs, particularly Excel
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality concerning suppliers and service providers
- High level of personal integrity
- Diploma in procurement and Supply
- Membership of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS).
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs) and minimum 3 referees must be received by 8th April, 2019.
- The cover letter and CV must be one document, and the applicant’s name must be the name of the document.
- Indicate the job title as the subject of your email.
- Please indicate your current salary and benefits in the cover letter.
- Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.
- Please submit applications to these emails: [email protected] with copy to [email protected].
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.