Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Safeguarding children and young people is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
Plan International Zambia is looking for experienced, innovative, motivated and self-starter individuals to fill the following positions:
PROGRAM AREA MANAGER – LUAPULA PROGRAM AREA (X1) MANSA – 2 YEARS CONTRACT
Position Description: The Program Area Manager (PAM) is responsible for providing strategic leadership to the Program Area teams. The PAM provides the link between the Country Office and Program Unit. The incumbent is responsible for providing constant supervision and support to the staff to ensure implementation as per the set requirements.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Plan, develop, review and monitor the Program Area budget.
- Lead Program Unit teams to realize Country Strategy Plan and Country Programs with specific projects developed for implementation.
- Provide leadership in strategy development and implementation.
- Develop and coach Program Unit staff to ensure effective performance and implementation of set projects to ensure effective and efficient management of all Program area resources following agreed policies, procedures and legal requirements and enabling a sound environment for financial control and resource mobilization.
- Manage the development, approval, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of all PA Project Outlines.
- Promote quality programming, child centeredness, the building of effective relationships, development education, and learning, applying a rights-based approach.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with Community Based organizations including the international ones, partners at District level and donors to enhance and promote Plan’s reputation and global identity.
- Take active part in the Country Leadership Team and contribute to the overall management and development of Plan Zambia
- Responsible for the HR management to ensure conducive work environment & motivation of all PA staff and to ensure the training & development of all PA staff as and when necessary to enable staff to carry out tasks effectively
Child Protection and Risk Management-
- Demonstrate commitment to Plan’s child protection policy through implementing the policy fully, and report any actual or potential risk situations following the reporting procedures, being aware of abuse and risks to children, being vigilant, becoming familiar with the Child Protection Policy.
- Raise children’s rights/protection awareness within Plan and amongst partners and community members.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A degree in Development Studies or related discipline.
- Masters qualification or above an added advantage.
- Must possess 5-7 years professional working experience in development work with at least 3 years’ experience in managing community development programs.
- Resource mobilization skills – proposal development and appraisals for program work preferably in an INGO setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural environment.
- Financial management and budgeting skills.
- Strong team building and motivational skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a part of a team.
- Computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel etc.).
- Strategic thinking and striving for high performance and improvement.
- Nurturing & developing others.
- Clear and effective communication including facilitation skills.
- Accountability and honesty.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Team-playing skills.
- Proficient in computer skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply by sending through their application letter, copies of qualifications and CV, clearly stating the job title of interest to [email protected]. Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Friday 22nd January, 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga Road
Plan International provides equal employment opportunities to qualified and experienced women and men, Women are especially encouraged to apply. Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org