Zamtel has embarked on a major network upgrade and modernization program to support its aggressive customer acquisition and revenue growth strategy. This project will run from January 2018 to end in December 2019. ZAMTEL seeks to employ talented, Self-motivated and qualified professional for the following position under the program office:
Reporting to Corporate Board – Project Subcommittee, the Program Director (PD) shall coordinate management of the various projects (Technical & Commercial) to ensure outputs and consolidated outcomes are realized in accordance with the program plans. The following shall be the major responsibilities;
- Drive realization of Business Case/Business Plan objectives (Sales & revenue targets, subscriber acquisition targets, project deployment timelines and adherence to program budget).
- Ensure effective quality assurance and overall integrity of the program.
- Manage the program budget, monitor expenditure and costs against delivered and realized benefits as the program progresses
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the program are identified or issues arise
- Reporting the progress of the program at regular intervals to corporate main board and its subcommittee
- Ensuring that Human Capital is deployed in areas where network roll out is taking place
- Ensure availability of devices and other tools of trade
Qualifications & Experience:
Minimum of a Degree in Business Administration/Engineering/Marketing or related field. Master’s Degree will be an added advantage. Project management qualification. Minimum 10 years experience in a commercial driven environment with aggressive sales targets, 5 years of which should be at senior management level. Proven strategic and tactical planning experience. Experience in Fast Moving Consumer Goods Industry preferably in Telecom products and services. Membership with relevant professional bodies required.
Mode of Application
Candidates are required to visit www.zamtel.zm for the detailed job description and specification applicable to each job.
Interested candidates should submit their applications electronically to [email protected] following the steps below:
- Subject should bear the Position being applied for as it appears above
- Save your Cover letter and CV as one word document using the following format: Full Names _ Job Title e.g: Banda Matimba _ Project Director
Only candidates meeting the specified criteria need apply.
Hard copy applications will not be accepted
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Closing date: 11th January, 2018
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org