University of Maryland Zambia
Reports To: Chief of Party (COP)
Coordinates With: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
The program manager (PM) will work closely with the COP and DCOP to ensure the smooth implementation of the CIRKUITS program under the Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation in Zambia. The PM will provide programmatic support in program implementation and will act as liaison between the general staff, finance and accounts, human resources, and the grant leadership. The PM is critical for planning grant activities (including work plans and calendars), ensuring grant activities are being carried out and targets achieved, and reporting on grant progress to the funder.
Main responsibilities will include the following:
- Work with the COP and DCOP and technical staff to ensure timely development and submission of the monthly, quarterly and annual work-plans
- Ensure activities developed are in line with program priorities, goals and objectives as per funder requirements
- Work with the finance and accounts teams to ensure that supplies and other logistics needed are procured for smooth program implementation
- Oversee any implementing sub-partners with monitoring of workplan, calendar, and budget
- Responsible of reviewing and submission of the weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Responsible for all internal correspondence with the program office in Lusaka
- Provide input on program related issues through internal and external meetings
- Work with the M&E team and DCOP to ensure timely submission of all the necessary data and reports
- Prepare quality correspondence to the districts including letters, minutes, program summaries, case stories as requested
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the COP
- Degree or Diploma in Social sciences, Project management or related field with
- 5+ years of work experience in a management position
- 5+ years work experience with USG funding of grants over 5 million/year
- Experience in health or development program management is required
- Demonstrated expertise working in a leadership capacity in either government and non-governmental organizations
- Demonstrated a good understanding of the project management process
- Demonstrated good organizational and presentation skills.
- Must have good communication skills and be a good team player
- Must be good with numbers and must have strong analytical skills
- Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Fluency in English
Please send CV to [email protected] before COB Monday February 11 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, Thank you..
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.