CARE Zambia an International Non-Governmental relief and development organization with various projects in Central, Copperbelt, Eastern, Muchinga, Luapula, Lusaka, Northern, North-western, and Southern provinces of Zambia, is looking for an ambitious and energetic Program Manager – Business Development/Resource Mobilization, to be based at Head Office in Lusaka;
Job Title: Program Manager – Business Development/Resource Mobilization
Reports to: Assistant Country Director – Programs
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
The Program Manager – Business Development/Resource Mobilization will be responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of CARE International in Zambia’s Resource mobilization strategy in line with the strategic Direction. S/he will build on proactive documentation and strategic dissemination of successes and lessons learnt from CARE programs, to position CARE as a partner of choice among donors, government and other partners; coordinate the development and presentation of proposals to potential donors and partners; and provide support to teams on compliance to donor requirements during implementation. In addition to direct accountability to the Assistant Country Director – Programs, the role involves collaboration with others in a matrix format. S/he should demonstrate strong external orientation, and capacity to deal with ambiguity and thrive in a matrix set up.
The RM/BD Manager will institutionalise leadership behaviours, organisational culture, tools, and processes that enhance organisational competitiveness, brand visibility, and the intentional growing of income and partnerships in line with the strategic ambition for CARE in Zambia.
|Area of delivery
||Scope and expected outcomes
- Develop/adapt/update a resource mobilisation/business development strategy, focussed on increasing income/revenue, and with additional focus on multi-year funding.
- Develop/adapt/update systems and tools to help institutionalise an effective, efficient, and accountable RM/BD process.
- Conduct targeted capacity development for key staff at relevant levels focussing on increasing organisational competitiveness, brand visibility, and growing income and partnerships.
- In coordination with thematic leads and comms & advocacy, develop/adapt/update and proactively disseminate capacity statements, abstracts, and other information products that raise awareness of CARE’s capabilities and achievements in Zambia among targeted donors and partners. These shall be well thought through, aligned with the strategies of the selected donors, and disseminated as unsolicited and on a regular basis.
- Arrange business development meetings with prospective donors, partners (including local/Zambian NGOs and private sector), and CMPs; and coordinate the follow up actions, ensuring decisiveness and timeliness
- Develop/adapt/update, organise and methodically disseminate information products on CARE’s strategic themes and approaches, targeting donors and potential partners. These efforts shall include intentionally profiling CARE and turning competition into collaboration.
- Coordinate technical, MEAL and Awards Management teams to review new business ideas that can improve income/revenue (together).
- Lead internal processes, working with the Assistant Country Director to coordinate Country Office on Go/No-Go, pre-IPIA and IPIAs until the signing of donor contract/agreement (including IPIA reviews), for all new funding opportunities /proposals.
- Developing proposal quality/responsiveness checklist and coordinate with relevant colleagues and partners to ensure responsiveness, completeness and competitiveness as regards design, technical narrative, budgeting, and other requirements.
- Coordinate and produce Concept Note and Proposal Development processes, ensuring sound design, delivery on time, and other requirements that ensure both competitiveness and due process in line with CARE business development guidelines. This included but not limited to time-line development, oversight for logframe development, merging and writing as required.
- Be accountable for final drafts of proposals and supporting annexes, ensuring they are in line with donor priorities, requirements and well-written, with clear and concise logic.
- Strengthen data-based decision-making through research and analytics that support recommended courses of action; and, where appropriate, show courage to challenge status quo.
- Promote a culture of intra-team accountability by, among other things, developing a RACI matrix and metrics based on agreed KPIs, workplans and targets.
- Promote a culture of learning and continuous improvement by, among other things, instituting retroactive process reviews (after concept notes and proposals are submitted to donor)
- Promote stronger use of 21st century organisational tools (e.g., digital solutions like SharePoint and Team), with a view to enhance collaborative work culture and break down retrogressive elements of bureaucratic/hierarchical communication.
|Partnership Development (10%)
- Coordinate the development of CARE Zambia’s fit-for-purpose Partnership Development Strategy.
- Coordinate partnership mapping and engagement plan for Care in Zambia, in line with the Care’s strategic ambitions, Regional Road map and Zambia-specific annual commitments (Annual Canvas).
- Provide technical support to CARE’s leaders for each Strategic Objective and Technical Advisors in partner engagement strategies for specific projects (concept notes and proposals).
- Facilitate organisational capacity self-assessments and organisational capacity improvement plans (using proven tools like OCA/OCI). The scope of this task includes initiating projects (i.e. soliciting funds) focussed on capacity building for local organisations as appropriate
- Develop Job Descriptions and lead the search, onboarding and supervision of Organizational Development/Partnerships Development Intern(s)
|Information Management (5%)
- Coordinate program management, communication & advocacy, program support and Finance/Awards Management teams to develop/produce relevant tools/templates and information necessary for an agile BD/RM system.
- Ensure all approved proposals/concept notes and contracts are uploaded and documented on SharePoint system.
- Ensure that all key information is organised methodically and stored in secure and accessible manner.
|Post Award Management (5%)
- Support the relevant program/strategic objective leads to conduct thorough kick-off and close out meetings for each project
- Support program/strategic objective leads in modifications of existing project agreements.
- Support program/strategic objective leads in maintaining oversight of on-line projects filing system
Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
- Master’s degree in any of the following relevant fields; Business Management, Public Administration, Economics, Political Science, Agriculture, or any related field from a recognized university.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the field related to Care Zambia’s thematic priorities (e.g. livelihoods, nutrition, Health, etc) is an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role or senior management role that included similar responsibilities. Candidates should articulate their achievements or contributions.
- Current knowledge of the strategic priorities and programs of the Government of Zambia as well as that of her development partners.
- Hands on experience with logic models in development programs (theories of change, logical frameworks, results frameworks).
- Proof of past success in a similar role is required
- Good communicator both in spoken and written English
- Highly organized and ICT savvy
- Analytical skills, with practical experience in data-based decision-making. The ability to understand and use analytical models and indicators is essential e.g. root-cause/problem tree analyses, cost-benefit analysis, risk analysis, chances for success, etc
- Should have accomplished technical writing and editing skills.
- The ideal candidate should be ICT savvy. Skills in online collaboration and development of products using MS Office (notably PowerPoint, word and excel) are essential.
- This role is expected to establish and maintain open, professional, and cordial relations with the COs internal and external customers. These include and not limited to.
- Key internal collaborations involve the Country Director, sector leads, Project Managers, Knowledge Management unit, and finance.
- Current donors, potential donors, government Ministries departments and agencies (MDAs), other INGOs implementing similar to CARE, Local NGOs/CSOs and private sector
Suitably qualified and interested members of the public are invited to apply. Application letters accompanied by detailed CVs and daytime contact numbers should be sent to: [email protected].
Closing Date: 8th July, 2022
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting gender, equity, and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.