Broad Reach Institute for Training and Education
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – PROGRAM OFFICER
BRITE (BroadReach Institute for Training and Education) is a non-profit organization that provides premier management and leadership training to public health professionals. Our mission is to empower health workers to lead, manage and solve real-world problems to transform healthcare. Our innovative training and education teaches how to apply management and leadership tools to achieve better health outcomes. BRITE supports the Ministry of Health in building the capacity of public health workers through its flagship Zambia Management and Leadership Academy (ZMLA) training program.
BRITE seeks a Program Officer to work with the Program Manager on the USAID Systems for Better Health Project. Under this project, BRITE is rolling out the ZMLA training to government health workers to strengthen their management and leadership capacity for improved health service delivery and a stronger health system.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare, facilitate and contribute to the following training activities:Budgets, Operational and logistical support, Workshops blending didactic and eLearning training, Mentorship coordination including the use of Mentornet software and Programme reviews
- Work with Program Manager to co-ordinate follow up of mentorship and case study implementation
- Collect and collate information (questionnaires, assessment tests, qualitative interviews and transcription) during training programs and surveys
- Complete trip reports and training debriefing forms
- Contribute to proposals, quarterly and annual reports
- Work with the Program Manager to capture and copy-edit success stories on programme effectiveness
- Coordinate and manage the ZMLA Alumni/BRITE website
- Maintain a database of ZMLA trainees
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Degree in Health Sciences, Social Sciences, International Development, Education or related fields.
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience, USAID experience a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, with strong spoken and written English.
- Facility with computers and excellent computer skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply by email to [email protected], attaching an application letter and CV. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement when applying for this role.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date for Applications: 27 November 2017
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org