CARE International in Zambia, an International Non-Governmental relief and development organization with various projects in Central, Copperbelt, Eastern, Muchinga, Luapula, Lusaka, Northern, North-western, and Southern provinces of Zambia, has the following vacancy available at Head Office in Lusaka;
Position: Program Support Officer – ICT
Type of Contract: Temporary Contract
Duration: Four Months
The successful candidate will provide Information Technology support to program and project support areas in the selection, utilization and maintenance of computer application software, hardware and accessories; to provide training on computer usage, application and hardware and software including electronic communication systems to staff within the organization; to perform a range of IT support tasks in support of the humanitarian aid and development work done by CARE Zambia’s managers, project teams and internal services operations.
- Assist to maintain and repair computer, communication and office equipment inclusive of selecting and managing vendor repair of computer equipment/accessories as needed.
- Applies a set of clearly-defined policies and practices to client requests directed to IT; takes in requests, ascertains the nature of the requirement and delivers the IT service or support within established policy, practices, service level and authority thresholds; as required, escalates issues which exceed authority threshold, are contentious or require further investigation
- Maintain a standard IT Configuration of CARE hardware and software; Communicate factual information, mainly to internal clients, and typically in the nature of instructions on completing IT paperwork such as requisitions, forms, etc.
- Stays current with policies, procedures and practices governing IT in the CO; as appropriate, suggests changes to improve service levels and efficiency; maintains good business relationships with clients and, as required, with external suppliers of goods and services relevant to IT support
- Provide on-going staff user training to CO staff in standard applications and also basic computer operations to include operating standards, file system management, data management, computer maintenance and security; maintain awareness of condition of computer equipment and recommend action to be taken
- Assist to manage and maintain the existing back-up system for the CARE Local Area Network and provide guidance to backup systems at the sub-office level. Ensure that all back-ups are routinely stored in a securely managed place.
- Provide trouble-shooting on all CO computer hardware and software with an emphasis to avoid prevalent imminent failures; organizes day-to-day activities and manages own time to meet deadlines and priorities; maintains “to do” lists and detailed work schedules.
- Perform other tasks and assignments as and when reviewed and required consistent with this level in the organization
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in computer studies
- Three years formal experience
- Takes initiative to solve basic problems
- Able to make decisions within their responsibilities in program support
- Takes initiative that is in the best interest of the organization and within the limits of their authority
- Ability to maintain and support an environment of positive working relationships.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access) in keeping with their specific duties. Ability to prepare written records of events
- Ability to articulate information within their roles and responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, security and accuracy of relevant data
- Other qualification in Computer and/or electronic communication knowledge inclusive of MS Office Applications, troubleshooting, maintenance, repairs and training. LAN/WAN experience desirable
Women are encouraged to apply.
Suitably qualified and interested members of the public are invited to apply. Application letters accompanied by detailed CVs and day time contact numbers should be sent to:
Closing Date: 12th April, 2019