ActionAid International, Zambia
Actionaid Zambia is looking for a Programme Manager- Resilience Livelihoods and Climate Justice.
The holder of the position shall be responsible for leading successful delivery of ActionAid Zambia’s Country Strategic Objectives on Resilient Livelihoods and Climate Justice aimed at building the capacity of communities living in poverty and exclusion to be resilient in the face of climate change and other natural and man-made disasters; adopt sustainable agriculture practices that enhance food security and sovereignty whilst contributing to sustainable management of natural resources.
- Lead in designing programmatic and policy initiatives for the advancement of resilient livelihoods and climate justice;
- Identifying and leading in the development of researches, advocacy/policy positions, and opportunities to influence policy on resilience and climate change at national, regional and internationally;
- Coordinating effective learning, policy, research and advocacy engagement with AAZ and among issue based CSOs locally and externally and maintaining linkages with key government departments and stakeholders for external engagement;
- Contribute effectively towards programme fundraising for implementation of initiatives under livelihood resilience and climate justice;
- Preparing timely and quality report as per donor requirements and in line with AAZ’s M&E reporting cycle;
- Maintain coordination with the LRP Coordinators for planning and implementation of programmes on resilience, climate justice and natural resources management at district and LRP level;
- In collaboration with communications and M&E/ quality Assurance unit, ensure regular documentation, promotion of shared learning and ensuring sound donor communications;
- Support the programmes team in the establishment of policy positions on natural resources, resilience, agroecology and climate justice issues and in implementation of set programmes within the LRPs and among partners;
- Lead in designing innovative interventions aimed at promoting sustainable agriculture (Agro ecology), natural resources management, and resilient livelihoods in relation to women and youth resilience.
Appointment to the position will be made from persons who have:
- A Master’s degree in a field of Natural Resources Management, agriculture or other related social sciences from a recognized University;
- A minimum of seven (5) years’ experience in resilience programme management;
- Demonstrable experience in leading and working within influential coalitions and networks;
- Demonstrable experience in advocacy and campaigns on resilience and climate change;
- Demonstrable experience in building capacity of partners and staff on livelihood resilience;
- Ability to publish research work and demonstrable proposal-writing skills;
- High degree of integrity, dependability and confidentiality;
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills;
- Good understanding of national policies including regional and international protocols on climate change, agro ecology and natural resources;
Please address your application letter and Curriculum Vitae to:
The Country Director
P. O. Box 51407
Alternatively email a cover letter and professional Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] and [email protected] Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement when applying for this role.
Closing date for applications is 24th November 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To apply for this job email your details to Careers.Zambia@actionaid.org