Website PROGRESS MEDICAL CENTRE (HOSPITAL)
- Carry out sampling, testing, measuring, recording and analyzing of results according to the standard operating procedures.
- Preparing specimens and samples following strict safety precaution.
- Follow standard procedure with regards to needle stick injuries
- Maintain and operate standard laboratory equipment.
- Receive blood from the Regional Blood Bank, test, and record accurate and detailed information prior to blood transfusion in line with national and local procedures.
- Competent in handling and storing chemicals and reagents.
- Responsible for maintaining required cold chain regulations.
- Responsible for monitoring expiry dates on all reagents and chemicals.
- Responsible for accurately bill all patients tests.
- Responsible for monitoring adequate stock levels and maintaining minimum/maximum levels.
- Calibrate equipment by applying approved testing procedures.
- Must serve as a technical resource by participating in staff training and answering questions from other health professionals.
- Identify and communicate abnormal patient results by alerting the requesting doctor in a timely manner.
- Use and maintain correct personal protective equipment (PPE) such as eye protection, lab coats and gloves.
- Promptly report any potential hazards, breakages and faults to relevant authorities
- Read the material safety data sheets for any hazardous products that you use and follow any recommended safety precautions.
- Contribute to a safe and secure environment for patients, healthcare professionals and co-workers by following established standards and procedures.
- Maintain patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential at all times.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Full Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate
- BSc inBiomedical Sciences and other Relevant qualifications.
- HPCZ Registration
- 7 years or more work experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Computer Skills
- Should be 30yrs and above.
Those who meet the above qualifications can send their applications through email to [email protected]