Website Commonwealth Local Government Forum
Position: Project Finance and Administration Officer
Commonwealth Local Government Forum (CLGF), an international organisation representing local government across the Commonwealth, in partnership with the Local Government Association of Zambia (LGAZ) and the Ministry of Local Government (MLG) is about to commence the implementation of the Enhancing Local Government Capacity for Development Project with funding from the EU Delegation to Zambia.
The project aims to enhance local governance for effective and efficient inclusive service delivery and development in 10 local authorities in Lusaka, Copperbelt and Northern provinces.
CLGF is inviting suitably qualified candidates to assume the role of Project Finance and Administration Officer to support the implementation of the upcoming 3-Year project. The Project Finance and Administration Officer’s duties and responsibilities are outlined below.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Provide financial management and administrative support to the project
- Assist in the preparation of project quarterly and annual budgets
- Book-keeping and records management for the projects accounts
- Collate all necessary materials and receipts throughout to justify expenditure when reporting to the EC
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Prepare financial statements for periodic audits and expenditure verification
- Monitor Project Budgets and prepare regular briefings for the project staff to help ensure adherence to work-plans and approved budgets
- Contribute to the annual reporting process to donors and regular reports to CLGF
2. Support the establishment of project financial management procedures and systems
- Assist in the development and establishment of office systems and processes for finance and administration, based on existing CLGF guidelines and EC contract requirements
- Maintain and update project asset register
- Manage and administer a petty cash system
3. Provide administrative support for timely, efficient and cost effective delivery of project activities and tasks
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the project team
- Provide administrative and logistical support for project activities such as training workshops, meetings, events and technical assistance missions, including sourcing accommodation, booking and arranging travel and overseeing the payment and recording of expenses
- Perform any other project support duties that may be assigned by the Project Manager from time to time.
4. Carry out the procurement of goods and services based on agreed specifications in line with procurement policies and guidelines.
- Develop a procurement plan and manage the procurement aspects of the project
- Assist in the preparation of documents required to facilitate project operations including activity budgets, request for expression of interest, procurement notices, biding documents and tender evaluation reports
- Ensure prompt payment of suppliers and service providers
- A degree in Accounting/Business Studies/Finance
- Appropriate qualification in computerised accounting systems
- Three years of experience in Finance
- Experience in project management and supporting project managers
- Experience of working on EU projects essential
- Experience in administration, book keeping, and maintaining accurate records
- Competent in financial control and reporting at all levels
- Experience in budgeting, budget monitoring, producing narrative and financial reports to deadlines
Knowledge and technical expertise
- Proficiency in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc)
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications (Pastel sage Accounting System, Windows, spread sheets, accounting packages word-processing, )
- Financial Analysis and Ability to present financial information clearly (orally and written).
- High degree of competence in monitoring, supervision and control, reporting, communication and self-management.
- Ability to meet deadline and handle stress.
- Skills in fulfilling a supporting role in project management
- High degree of integrity, discretion, and personal conduct
- Flexible and adaptable to changing working conditions
- Self-motivated, with good judgment and initiative
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Sensitivity to diversity
- Good level of attention to detail
Applicants should email a Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter setting out how they meet the requirements of the role as set out in the person specification to:
[email protected] by close of business 20 March 2018. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Please indicate clearly the position you are applying for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org