Website PROJECT HOPE ZAMBIA
PROJECT HOPE ZAMBIA
Finance and Accounting Officer (x1)
About Project HOPE
Project HOPE is a Global Health international Non-Governmental organization operating in Zambia which aims to save and improve the quality of lives globally.
Project HOPE works with government, the private sector, local and international NGOs to improve outcomes for HIV, TB and Malaria, Maternal newborn and child health and Non-communicable diseases. We work to support Child protection, social protection, and advocacy for Child and related health policies and Health systems strengthening.
The Finance and Accounting Officer will maintain all accounts and financial records of Project HOPE Zambia by accurately recording and monitoring all daily financial transactions in accordance with Project HOPE’s policies, procedures and organizational guidelines. He/She will prepare budgets, manage and reconcile accounts payable and receivable, prepare payment requisitions, assist with external audits, generate financial reports and maintain a complete filing system to support the financial records and transactions of Project HOPE Zambia.
- Receive and review all procurement requisitions from the regional offices and program staff and collect all necessary information and documents before submitting them for approval.
- Prepare all payment requisitions to suppliers in line with Project HOPE financial policies, donor requirements and GAAP principles and submit them for approval.
- Enter all payment transactions into QuickBooks and other accounting systems as per various Donors’ requests.
- Process all payments through Electronic Financial Transaction (EFT) payments.
- Monitor and control all regional petty cash logs, reconciliations and replenishments in QuickBooks and other systems as per various Donors’ requirements.
- Prepare mid-month and monthly bank reconciliations in order to monitor movement of funds of all programs.
- Assist in collecting all missing Tax Invoices to be inserted in the VAT Returns before submission to the Receiver of Revenue.
- Process all Payroll statutory payments and other payroll deductions withheld. Maintain a complete filing system of electronic and paper based financial records.
- Assist GOF to institute effective control systems required to minimize risk inherent in the programs.
- Collect all missing supporting documents to be attached to payments as per Donor’s requirements.
- Assist Country Representative and GOF with all budget and cash forecast preparations. Assist Global Operation Office to prepare an audit file for internal and external auditors.
- Liaise and Support other Finance and Administrative staff at the regional offices.
Reporting and Organizational Relationship:
- The Finance and Accounting Officer reports to the Country Representative.
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to treat each other with respect, take affirmative steps to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse and Trafficking in Persons, and to disclose all potential and actual violations of our Code of Conduct, which may include Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption, Discrimination or Harassment. Together we can reinforce a culture of respect, integrity, accountability, and transparency.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- 5-7 years’ experience in the field of accounting and administration.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Familiar with the use of QuickBooks, SAGE Payroll and NetSuite.
- Ability to work well under pressure, organize and set priorities, meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and oral, with staff and partners.
A valid Driver’s License will be an added advantage.
Willingness to travel out of duty station and to regional offices.
Method of Application
PLEASE EMAIL APPLICATION AND CV TO: [email protected] Clearly indicate, “Finance & Accounting Officer” on your email heading. Closing Date: 3rd November 2023.
Project HOPE is an equal opportunity and treatment employer that strives to be a global workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and where people feel valued for their humanity — regardless of their race, ethnicity, age, gender, religion, socioeconomic status, disability, or other identities.