World Vision Zambia (WVZ)
World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development, and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Project Manager – Scaling Up Nutrition 2 (SUN 2) Project
Reporting to: Grants Management Associate Director
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Purpose of the Position: To provide overall leadership and management oversight on the SUN 2 Project in three districts, including effective coordination with other actors, timely implementation of program activities, and effective response to emerging nutrition needs. The role ensures implementing the project’s components, including needs identification, new programme development, budget management, detailed implementation planning, procurement, and staff management. The Project Manager will directly support District Nutrition Coordinators in coordination, planning, monitoring, data management, and reporting in three districts. The incumbent will maintain working relationships with the Ministry of Health & community authorities, and other key stakeholders at the Provincial level. The PM will actively engage in nutrition meetings and other relevant technical working groups.
- Provide overall oversight on implementing the SUN 2 project as per the agreed work plan in the approved Project Documents with UNICEF.
- Manage and Support the development of Detailed Implementation Plans and coordinate implementation of tools, models, and other guidelines in line with core programme models.
- Manage quality and timely implementation and monitoring of the project within scope, time, and budget.
- Ensure adequate tracking of project budget expenditure in line with KPIs and donor guidelines
- Ensure project implementation aligns with the Ministry of Health (MoH) standards and other National Strategies and guidelines on Nutrition.
- Provide support to field staff and ensure timely submission of monthly, semi-annual, and annual reports for the efficient running of the project
- Support relationship building initiatives \ Integrated planning at various levels with staff, partners, government, and other stakeholders for improved coordination of the project at various levels
- ensure smooth implementation and sustainability of the program, continued partnership and sharing best practices in various fields In collaboration with UNICEF, Ministry of Health, National Food and Nutrition Commission, Technical Program Manager, Technical Specialists, and other project stakeholders at facility and community level, ensure smooth implementation and sustainability of the program, continued partnership and sharing best practices in various fields.
- Participate in provincial and district project level meetings, including amongst others PDCC, technical working group meetings(TWG)…e.t.c
- Ensure a shared understanding of project deliverables by key stakeholders
- Ensure the inclusion of key project indicators in all design, monitoring, and evaluation processes.
- Coordinate with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to review nutrition reporting indicators and reporting tools/standards.
- Produce a consolidated annual/semi-annual National Report for sharing with other stakeholders.
- Support the documentation and dissemination of promising practices from World Vision Zambia Limited operation areas for future programming.
- Support the development of a data repository for the project for better knowledge management and utilization.
- Build the capacity of technical staff through staff orientation, coaching, and mentoring for enhanced competency.
- Manage performance of technical project staff for increased accountability
- Provide support to the project team and organisational learning to promote a culture of mutual respect amongst staff.
- Ensure quality project implementation, prudent financial management on the project, and undertake timely performance management
- Demonstrate spiritual maturity and integrity through daily devotions and other spiritual nurture programmes.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Public Health, Social Science or in a related technical area
- Masters in a related technical area or equivalent in Nutrition, Public Health is preferred
- At least five years of experience in Project management with knowledge of project cycle management
- Experience in Program Management in a complex, international organisation, preferably NGO context
- Knowledge and understanding of World Vision operations would be an added advantage,
- Must have excellent communications, interpersonal, analytical, decision making, conflict management, negotiation, networking, liaison, and donor engagement skills
- Capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts.
- Strong monitoring and evaluation and report writing skills
- Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing essential.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and statistical packages such as SPSS, EPI-Info, e.t.c.
- The position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 40% of the time.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Applications will close by 31st January 2021. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
To apply please visit careers.wvi.org.