Website People in Need (PIN)
Position: Project Officer
Starting date: September 1, 2017
Duration: 12 months (initial)
Exact Job Location: Mongu, Western Province
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech INGO that provides relief and development assistance in over 25 countries worldwide. Formed in 1992, PIN is currently the largest INGO in Central and Eastern Europe. In Africa, PIN is at the moment operating in the DRC, Angola and Ethiopia.
PIN‘s office in Zambia is to be established in August 2017 in Western province with a small scale WASH, agriculture, nutrition and health response. In the longer term, PIN will be moving towards integrated sustainable programming.
- Project support and management:
- Responsible for the direct implementation of the project aiming at achieving the project results and indicators and fulfilling the contractual obligations (planning, implementation, follow up)
- Continuous improvement of the project quality and relevance
- M&E and data collection, in line with PIN’s requirements
- Compliance with PIN´s sectorial guidelines and internal procedures
- Stakeholder mobilization: Will be responsible for organizing local stakeholders in the areas where they are stationed to take part in the project programmes. S/he will mobilize / interact with Community & key local stakeholders, form groups
- Focal Point Person for Behaviour Change Communication: will provide support to the development and adoption of key behaviour change approaches
Prepare Reports: The Project Officer will write reports on the progress of the project at community level. S/he will keep record of the community activities of the project
- Cooperation: Working closely with all PIN departments
- Degree or High Diploma in a related field
- Over 3 years of experience in working on related programs such as Health, WASH & Nutrition, Agriculture, Energy, Market access and community mobilization
- Fluency in written and spoken English and local languages
- Experience of working for an international non-government organisation is an advantage
- Strong communication, interpersonal and representational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong networking and advocacy skills
- Experience in working with local key stakeholders
- Understanding of and experience in project management cycle is beneficial
- Motor bike riding with valid class “A” licence (preferable)
How to apply:
Interested applicants for the position should send their CV and cover letter as soon as possible via the “APPLY” button. As a subject please use “Project Officer”.
Please note that only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://inhiro.com/job/id/11800 →