Plan International Zambia
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and humanitarian programmes focus primarily on Inclusive Quality Education, Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship, Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights, Early Childhood Development and Gender Responsive Child Protection. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
Plan International Zambia is looking for experienced, innovative, motivated and self-starter individuals to fill the following positions:
PROJECT OFFICER (Central-Kabwe) – Building Climate Resilience Rural Communities Project
The purpose of the Project Officer Climate Change is to support the day to day implementation of “Building Climate Resilient Rural Communities in Zambia” Project in Chisamba district and support youths to engage in green enterprises as a way of building resilience against effects of climate change for Plan International Zambia.
The incumbent will be reporting to the Project Manager.
- Support the Project Manager in defining the project scope and facilitate implementation of Project activities.
- Assists with the preparation of the Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) and other key documents to support the project.
- Support the Project Manager with the establishment of sustainability and project exit strategies from the inception of the project.
- Prepares regular reports to assist the Project Manager to track the progress of project components to ensure schedules and deadlines are being met.
- Identify project issues and possible solutions, and bring them to the attention of the Project Manager for action.
- Assists with compilation of narrative reports, case stories, capturing project photos, and review of financial reports.
- Maintain current data /information of the Building Climate Resilient Rural Communities in Zambia Project.
- Identification of capacity building needs of community members including children and youth on the project to ensure informed selection, planning and management of community activities.
- Provide technical advice, backstopping and capacity building to staff, partners, children, community-based organizations and community volunteers in climate change adaptation and environmental management.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding of Children & Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Natural Resources Management, Climate Change, Environmental Education Forestry or other related discipline.
- Three (3) years working experience in the field of environment, climate change adaptation and livelihood.
- Experience in project management
- Experience in managing relationships for various stakeholders
- Experience in writing donor reports
- Setting and communicating ambitious but realistic work goals and priorities, explaining how these contribute to Plan International’s purpose.
- Collaborating with team members, colleagues and partners in finding creative solutions to problems by sharing information, experience and ideas and actively seeking their input.
- Motivating and developing others by taking an interest, giving constructive feedback and praise, ensuring they are properly trained and helping them develop their potential.
- Positive about change and supporting others in adjusting to it, helping them understand
- Articulate the purpose, values, and global strategy to a range of audiences. Can explain how Plan International will deliver on its objectives through the theory of change and communicates the implications for their team.
- Understands digital enablers to improve team performance and working practices. Encourages digital behaviors through role modeling, personal development processes, and capability building. Uses digital and technological tools to support the management of risk, activities, resources, people, and information.
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to [email protected]. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply. Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Friday, 25th November, 2022, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga Road
Plan International provides equal employment opportunities to qualified and experienced women and men, Women are especially encouraged to apply. Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.