Vision Aid Overseas (VAO)
Vision Aid Overseas (VAO) is a UK-based charity, with a focus on fighting poverty by transforming access to eye care services in developing countries in Africa. Our work focuses on the development of services for uncorrected refractive error and primary eye health. Uncorrected refractive error is the world’s leading cause of avoidable visual impairment, with an estimated 670 million people affected worldwide.
VAO intends to implement the School Screening Project in Kabwe District in partnership with t he Ministries of Health and General Education. The project aims at developing a comprehensive and replicable method of identifying eye health problems in children and to address them in a timely and appropriate manner.
VAO therefore wishes to recruit a Project Officer to facilitate the implementation of the Program in Kabwe District.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Ensure that all activities pertaining to the project are adequately planned for
- Ensure timely implementation of all activities of the Project.
- Ensure enhanced system for routine data collection and M&E feedback to the Country Director
- Ensure challenges and lessons learned are adequately documented
- Collect case studies from beneficiaries for submission alongside quarterly reports
- Facilitate community mobilization and sensitization in project locations
- Conduct interviews and Focus Group Discussions to collect feedback from project beneficiaries
- Work collaboratively with relevant partners (DHO, DEBS, Kabwe General Hospital) to ensure that necessary project planning, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently at District level.
- Work collaboratively with Country Office to assure proper financial projections, reporting, and compliance with project protocol
- Coordinate with DHO and Kabwe General Hospital to ensure that the MEHC are constituted timely
- Facilitate the distribution of glasses and the referral of patients
- Bachelor’s degree in development studies or social sciences discipline or equivalent relevant work experience;
- At least 3 year experience managing development programs in an NGO, preferably in a technical Project, community development and/or youth-focused programming
The Position will be based in Kabwe District and we therefore prefer to hire a Kabwe based Candidate
Applications should be emailed to [email protected] by 18th September 2020. We will only respond to shortlisted candidates.