Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is a nationally registered NGO working with development projects within the field of education, health, agriculture, poverty alleviation and Human Rights programmes. Projects are carried out in all the provinces of Zambia reaching over 1,4 million people. Key funding partners include the Government of Zambia, national and international development organisations (USAID, PEPFAR, CDC, EU, Global Fund and more) as well as private sector organisations.
Description of the job: To develop project proposals supporting DAPPs strategic plan to continue and expand development activities in Zambia in the areas of health including supplementing the effort to halt the HIV and TB pandemics, integrated community development to build capacity for the communities and households to improve their living conditions, increased production with focus on agriculture development, environment focusing on climate change adaptation and mitigation, education with focus on improved primary education especially in the rural communities including training of teachers.
The main function is to design proposals for projects and programs in accordance with the principles and requirements of different donors (national and foreign entities, governmental and non-governmental entities and the private sector).
The position is Lusaka based. All nationalities are welcome to apply, providing they are eligible to work in Zambia.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Take part in the identification of all funding opportunities.
- Carry out search to establish background information
- Be responsible for the entire process of preparing proposals
- Prepare short and concise conceptual notes for the preparation of funding proposals that include the logical framework, performance indicators, monitoring and evaluation plan, among others;
- Participation in consultation meetings with donors, consortium partners and sub-grantees during the development and writing of proposals;
- Design and analyze budgets to ensure (i) their viability, (ii) that all donor requirements are met and (iii) are aligned with DAPP budget policies;
- Work in close cooperation with the project development team.
- Secure all attachments and processes are completed
- Ensure compliance with deadlines associated with the proposal preparation process;
- Write grant proposals of all kinds, also very complex and demanding types such as proposals to EU and USAID.
- Previous extensive experiences in writing winning proposals of significant seize
- Experience in developing the project idea, objectives, log-frame etc.
- A degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies or similar relevant qualification
- Extraordinary good oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Highly productive with pride in quality work
- Highly organized and detail orientated;
- Strong people skills and approachable manner;
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to change;
- Ability to work in and promote a team environment / concept;
- Ability to work under pressure and extra hours when necessary, and to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programmes;
- Experience in project implementation is an added advantage
Applications must be sent with the following information
- Application letter
- Detailed CVs
- List of proposals in which you played a major role in developing, showing the value of the project, your role in project development and if the proposal was approved or not.
- 3 referees including their contact details
Please add all the above into one file before e-mailing. Do not attach any other documentation such as certificates at this stage.
The application must be received latest the 26th of June 2020. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with a written test as part of the interview. Bring certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.