Provincial Health Office, Eastern Province
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates/All Sources
OPENING DATE: SEPTEMBER 7, 2020
CLOSING DATE: SEPTEMBER 11, 2020
WORK HOURS: Full-Time, 40 Hours/Week
SALARY: A competitive package will be offered to successful candidates on annual contract basis.
The Eastern Provincial Health Office under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Project through a Cooperative Agreement (CoAg) with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the positions listed to be employed on a one-year contract basis.
PROVINCIAL DETERMINED RESILIENT EMPOWERED AIDS FREE MENTORED AND SAFE (DREAMS) COORDINATOR (1 POSITION)
Location: Eastern Provincial Health Office- Chipata District
The DREAMS Coordinator will play overall leadership, coordination, facilitation, and liaison role between DREAMS implementing partners on the ground, government ministries and USG (CDC). S/he will lead the coordination meetings, provide overall technical and management guide according to USG and PEPFAR requirements, facilitate smooth bidirectional referral that enhance access of various services by AGYW, facilitate platforms for knowledge and experience sharing among different actors, help the development of strategies and tools relevant to implement DREAMS initiative in Zambia
In addition, s/he will be responsible for gathering, compiling, and analyzing quality improvement reports, identifying gaps/strengths, determining the root causes, making appropriate recommendations for corrective actions for quality improvements and tracking progress and results at a higher level after analyzing the different implementation progress reports from different relevant stakeholders.
- Lead coordination meetings that will be held monthly at district and or provincial level and facilitate smooth discussion among the different stakeholders providing services to AGYW
- Establish good working relations and provide leadership on improving collaboration between government and partners
- Enhance smooth information and guidance flow between USG and partners
- Support smooth data or information exchange among partners relevant to DREAMS or those implementing DREAMS
- Provide regular update on new USG and or PEPFAR guidance relevant to DREAMS
- Facilitate the development of service directories by the different implementers for easy referral and accessibility of the different service.
- Help analyze higher level information of DREAMS and share back to the team on the ground
- Help improve data harmony; it could be through establishing a standard data management platform for all actors
- Lead the development and revision of quality and performance improvement tools at a higher level. Provide technical and management guide that will help to improve implementation quality.
- Collaborate with program and M & E team to develop and implement CQI plans
- Provide technical guidance to partners and implementers in CQI initiatives for DREAMS
- Collaborate with appropriate line ministries Quality Assurance units in implementation of national quality management program within supported regions and districts
- Work closely with the Knowledge management staff to oversee the process of documenting and disseminating best practices.
- Create platforms for dissemination of success stories and best practices to enhance learning.
- Perform any other duties as required
Required, Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate with five (5) credits or better
- Degree in Public Health, Nursing or a related science.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in the public health sector; of which 2twoshould be in management of DREAMS and/or adolescent related programs.
- Experience in mentoring and supervision of HIV prevention, care and support programs is required
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills in implementation of CQI interventions in the context of developing countries and management of CQI data and databases
- Robust experience working in partnership with different ministries and their line structures especially MOH is highly preferred.
- Ability to analyze data
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Good report writing skills and understanding of the local language
- Demonstrated competence with PEPFAR, CDC, and/or USAID monitoring and evaluation systems and reporting requirements
- Strong verbal and written English language skills
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, Power Point
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should send their credentials to:
The Provincial Health Director Mailing Address: P.O. BOX 510023, Hospital Road, Chipata attaching the following:
- A formal application letter or cover letter;
- A current CV;
- Photocopies of all professional certificates and degrees; and
- Contact information for at least three professional references.
Ministry of Health
Provincial Health Office, Eastern Province
P.O Box 510023, Hospital Road, Chipata