CARE, an International Non-Governmental relief and development organization with various projects in Central, Copperbelt, Eastern, Muchinga, Luapula, Lusaka, Northern, North-western, and Southern provinces of Zambia. CARE International in Zambia is in the process of recruiting staff for the SUN II programme to support the implementation of the First 1000 Most Critical Days Programme in selected districts. The staff will be critical in the management as well as the operational and financial oversight of the proposed programme in the following positions:-
Kindly note that these positions are dependent on successful signing of the Partnership Agreement with the donor.
Provincial Development Coordinators (2) – Choma, Chinsali
The Provincial Development Coordinator will be responsible for facilitating the planning, implementation and monitoring of field activities and direct liaison with various Ministries at district level. S/he will have strong expertise in agriculture, food and nutrition and will work closely with field staff from the Ministries of Health, Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries and Community Development. S/he will also be responsible for providing technical support to partner staff to strengthen their capacity in planning and implementation of field activities on agriculture, nutrition and delivery of food security to targeted communities and households.
The Provincial Coordinator will be responsible for the district they are based in and also provide oversight to the other districts in the province.
- Oversee the planning and budgeting, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of field activities in direct liaison with relevant government departments in the district.
- Support identification of potential needs requiring technical assistance from the Provincial Coordination Teams
- Strengthen the capacity of District project staff and staff from the relevant ministries to deliver the nutrition programme to targeted communities and households.
- Representation of the Project at provincial and district foras such as Provincial and District Development Coordinating Committee (P/DDCC), Provincial and District Nutrition Coordinating Committee (P/DNCC) and any other relevant provincial and/or district meetings on Nutrition
- Support the provincial line ministry supervisors in providing mentorship of the DNCC and the multi-sectoral district teams in enhancing the quality of multi sectoral nutrition service delivery
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies / Public Health / Nutrition/ food and nutrition or Agriculture from a recognized university with strong expertise in nutrition or Public Health with a minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in implementing and/or delivery of Nutrition related activities
- Proven experience with practical and impactful gender equity and women’s empowerment approaches to development and humanitarian action.
- Experience working in or with government
- Experience working with communities
- Experience working in an international non-governmental organization
- Good facilitation and participatory methodology skills
- Computer literate, including word processing and excel/spreadsheets
- Experience in People management
Suitably qualified and interested members of the public are invited to apply. Application letters accompanied by detailed CVs and daytime contact numbers should be sent to:
Closing Date: 30th September, 2020.
CARE International in Zambia is committed to Promoting and maintaining an organizational culture that advances gender equality, reduces power abuse and inequalities, and fosters trust and safety.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com