Peace Corps Zambia
Peace Corps/Zambia wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the
position of Provincial Program Coordinator (PPC)
LOCATION: Solwezi, North Western Province
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time 40 hours/Week
STARTING SALARY: o/a ZMW 262,314.96/Annum
The Provincial Program Coordinator (PPC) is a full time position under the direct supervision of the Director of Provincial Operations and Program Performance (DPOPP). The Provincial Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating Peace Corps activities in the Province. The incumbent will be the official representative for Peace Corps in the Province. He/she will be responsible for advancing Peace Corps/Zambia’s mission and supporting the needs of all Peace Corps Volunteers based in the Province. The position will be responsible for the following tasks in Volunteer support, Programming & Training, Medical, and Administration.
In order to be selected for this position, the applicant must be legally eligible to work in Zambia, must not have been employed in intelligence-related activities, and must submit an application that clearly documents how they meet each of the following requirements:
- Successfully completed secondary school education and advanced diploma in the field of Education
- Public Administration, Public Health, Agriculture (Forestry/Aquaculture), or related field is required; possession of a bachelor’s degree in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Three years’ work experience in Project Management, Public Administration, Public Health, Agriculture (Forestry/Aquaculture), Community Development or related field in Zambia is required.
- Supervisory and professional experience working in Northwestern Province will be an added advantage.
- Professional experience with a donor funded, multi-cultural organization will be an added advantage.
- At least one year of professional experience managing petty cash/imprest funds is required.
- Good working knowledge of the English language (spoken and written); good working knowledge of the Kaonde and/or Lunda languages (spoken and written) is highly preferred.
- Proficiency working with computers and software programs such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel is required.
- Knowledge of Peace Corps development philosophy and the role of Volunteers in development will be an added advantage
- Must have a valid Zambian driver’s license for a minimum of 5 years and a clean record.
- Demonstrated ability to drive manual 4×4 vehicles and use emergency equipment.
- Mechanical skills for maintenance and repairs is an added advantage.
For detailed job specifications and submission instructions, please visit the US Embassy website:
Applications and supporting documentation including a typed cover letter that clearly documents how you meet each of the above requirements, CV, educational certifications, driving license, and at least three traceable references must be submitted by close of business September 22, 2020.
Only email applications will be accepted and should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Specialist
Email: [email protected] clearly stating your name and position applied for in the subject line of your email (E.g. John Doe, Provincial Program Coordinator)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and no telephone inquiries will be entertained.
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to ZM01email@example.com