Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
Jhpiego invites applications for the positions of:
Provincial VMMC Program Advisor
LOCATION: Lusaka (1), Choma (1), Chipata (1)
REPORTS TO: Project Director
Jhpiego Zambia through Centers for Disease Control (CDC) funding will be providing technical assistance (TA) to the Ministry of Health (MOH) in planning, implementing, and monitoring the voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC) program in assigned provinces. The Provincial VMMC Program Advisor will be based in the Provincial Health Office (PHO) and work closely with the Provincial Health Director, Clinical Care Specialist and Provincial VMMC Coordinator to deploy the collective provincial VMMC resources to achieve the annual, provincial VMMC target. This includes ensuring quality of VMMC services, effective deployment of human resources, introducing human-centered design approaches to demand creation targeting priority age groups, and ensuring data quality and completeness.
Working with the Provincial VMMC Coordinator this position will:
- Identify all VMMC-dedicated resources from MOH, Global Fund, or implementing partners in the province and coordinate their deployment to achieve the VMMC target.
- Recommend VMMC activities and resource allocation in MOH’s Mid Term Expenditure Framework plans and CDC-funded awards with the PHO.
- Monitor performance against targets by coordinating collection and review of routine provincial VMMC achievements.
- Introduce human-centered design approaches to demand generation activities.
- Provide TA to organization and monitoring of PHO’s VMMC quality assurance / quality improvement system to meet national MOH and PEPFAR standards including developing, documenting and following up actions plans
- Conduct routine quality assurance visits to districts and selected facilities
- Develop training, mentorship, and supportive supervision plans to ensure supply of quality VMMC providers.
- Monitor supply chain and logistics management of VMMC commodities to eliminate stock outs
- Participate in PHO’s VMMC Program Management meetings
- Liaise with Jhpiego Lusaka-based technical advisors
- Document technical assistance recommendations and identified best practices.
- Submit reports to Lusaka Office in a timely manner
- Degree in Public Health, Development or related level qualification
- Masters level an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in coordinating VMMC programs of a similar magnitude
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working on CDC-funded awards
- Demonstrated experience in VMMC program management in the government sector.
- Experience in working with/ coordinating programs with Government of a similar nature
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience managing consortiums or partnership an added advantage
- Good understanding of the Zambia health landscape
- Demonstrated experience in planning and budgeting, with strong knowledge and experience in supporting Government Planning and budgeting mechanisms in Zambia.
- Demonstrated project management competence including scope, schedule, and cost monitoring, risk management and change control.
- Strong leadership and technical capacity to support coordination of services, National, provincial and district levels;
- Demonstrated ability to work with efficiency and diplomacy, as part of a team effort
- Demonstrated presentation and oral communication skills
- He/she must be computer literate in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Microsoft Outlook calendar
- Be able to handle and analyze data and process documents/reports.
To apply, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae in a single document, stating the position in the subject line to the Human Resources Manager: [email protected]
Closing date is Friday 5th July, 2019