Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC)
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is a body corporate established under the repealed Securities Act, Cap. 354 of the Laws of Zambia and whose existence is continued under the new Securities Act, No. 41 of 2016. SEC has the objective of inter alia regulating and developing the Zambian Capital Markets and is responsible for the supervision and development of the Capital Markets in Zambia as well as the licensing of financial intermediaries, collective investment schemes and securities exchanges, the registration of securities to be issued such as debt and equity instruments, and the authorization of transactions in entities registered with SEC.
SEC now seeks to recruit a qualified Zambian to fill the following position:
Job Title: Public Relations Officer
Job Purpose: To manage and maintain the public image and reputation of the Commission by developing and implementing strategies to enhance public perception, promote positive public relations initiatives, manage media relations, and ensures effective communication between the Commission, its stakeholders, and the general public.
Key Result Areas and Accountabilities
|Develop and execute public relations strategies||Create comprehensive strategies to strengthen the Commissions public image, outline goals, and identify key messages.
Implement PR campaigns and initiatives to achieve desired results.
|Manage media relations||Establish and maintain positive relationships with media outlets, journalists, and influencers. Respond to media inquiries, coordinate interviews, and proactively pitch stories to generate positive coverage.
Prepare statements, press releases, and media kits as needed.
|Crisis Management||Develop and implement crisis communication plans to effectively handle negative incidents that may impact the Commissions reputation. Act as the primary spokesperson during crises, providing timely and accurate information to the media and the public.|
|Stakeholder engagement||Build relationships with stakeholders including customers, employees, Government agencies, and industry partners.
Coordinate engagement activities, such as events, conferences, and meetings, to foster positive relationships and promote the Commissions mission.
|Monitor and analyse media coverage||Stay abreast of news and media trends relevant to the Commission.
Monitor media coverage and social media channels to identify potential issues or negative sentiment.
Conduct media analysis to assess the effectiveness of PR campaigns and adjust strategies as needed.
|Coordinate with internal departments||Coordinate with internal departments, such as to ensure consistent messaging and alignment in external communications.
Provide guidance and support in public relations matters to various teams and individuals, as needed.
|Budget management||develop and manage the public relations budget, ensuring resources are allocated effectively to achieve PR objectives.
Monitor expenses, track campaign costs, and maintain financial records.
|Other Duties||Any other duties as maybe assigned by the supervisor from time to time.|
Required competencies/Personal qualities:
- Knowledge of the Capital Markets and related regulatory frameworks is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to adapt messaging for different audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking abilities to establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
- Crisis management skills and the ability to handle high pressure situations.
- Proficiency in media monitoring and analysis tools.
- Familiarity with public relations strategies and tactics, including digital PR and social media.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all communication materials.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Mass Communications, or a related field.
- Computer literate – fully conversant with Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), proactive and innovative, able to plan events, good organizational skills with an assertive attitude.
- Experience managing media relations (online, broadcast and print);
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Public Relations and Communication
- Minimum relevant work experience.
- Full Grade twelve (12) School Certificate with at least five (5) ‘O’ level credits including English language and Mathematics.
- At least 3- 5 years working experience in a similar position.
Applications accompanied by copies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and daytime contact telephone numbers and three (3) traceable references should reach the undersigned not later than 21st November 2023.
The Chief Executive Officer
Securities & Exchange Commission
Plot 3827 Parliament Road, Olympia
P. O. Box 35165