Website Healthy Kids/Brighter Future
Healthy Kids/Brighter Future seeks a Quality Assurance Manager for its programs in Lusaka, Zambia. Our programs aim to improve the health of low income school-aged children by making schools a focal point for health services through training selected teachers as school health workers. The school health workers provide preventive, monitoring, and curative services as well as referrals to government health facilities. Our goal is not only to improve the health of every Zambian child but also substantially to decrease illness-related school absenteeism so that the health and education of the next generation of Zambians can ensure a strong, vibrant society.
We are looking for a reliable Quality Assurance Manager to ensure our field staff, school health workers and partner schools and clinics operate at a high level. You will be responsible for evaluating our field staff and school health workers to identifying mistakes, challenges and successes and provide technical assistance to improve their performance. All work will take place within Lusaka.
An excellent Quality Assurance Manager is very detail oriented and is great at communication. The ideal candidate is a reliable and competent professional who is able to work with employees and stakeholders from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Work with the monitoring and evaluation team to develop procedures to evaluate and report on performance within different components of our programs.
- Review current standards and policies for quality assurance and develop new policies as needed.
- Monitor all operations that affect the quality of our programs.
- Help oversee the performance of school health workers and provide technical support to them and other members at partner clinics and schools.
- Oversee regular site evaluations at partner schools and health centers.
- Support program managers and school health coordinators in the issues of quality assurance
- Work with the M&E team coordinators to ensure that all data from school health workers and clinic and school staff are entered completely and accurately.
- Report information and challenges to program managers to ensure immediate action
- Meet with key partners (i.e. clinic staff, school staff and parent teacher association members) to report on their feedback of the program.
- Keep records of reports, statistical reviews and relevant documentation
- Create monthly, quarterly and annual performance reviews for school health workers, partner schools and partner health centers
- Create and distribute reports for program managers and the leadership team
- Other responsibilities as required
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Outstanding communication skills
- Great attention to detail and a results driven approach
- Excellent numerical skills
- Willingness to work in the field at our peri-urban sites
- Ability to work with people of different socioeconomic backgrounds
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational skills and leadership ability
- Reliable and Trustworthy
- Knowledge of quality assurance and standards is an added advantage
- Experience working in education or health related field is an added advantage
- Basic understanding of data analysis is an added advantage
- BSc/BA in public health, education, development studies or relevant field
- One to three years relevant experience in project management or a relevant field
Application is now open. To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected] by November 14th 2017.
To apply for this job email your details to Jobs.HKBFuture@gmail.com