Rainet Logistics Zambia Limited is a logistics company located in Lusaka and has been in existence for more than 12 years. We are a transport and logistics company that specialises in road freight between South Africa, Zambia and Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), a dream that was birthed to address the many challenges that clients face with transporting of goods across borders.
The Company is currently expanding and increasing its fleet and will be exploring other routes in order to offer our clients a quality service.
Rainet Logistics Zambia Limited seeks to employ an experienced and qualified individual in the position of LOGISTICS OFFICER to manage the execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation matters within the organisation.
- Develop logistics plans, policies, and procedures, and provide technical and procedural advice in a broad range of logistics areas.
- Planning routes and transporting goods for multi – drop deliveries
- Booking in deliveries and liaising with customers
- Planning, managing budgets, organising schedules & routes, ensuring that vehicles are safe and meet legal requirements, and making sure that drivers are aware of their duties to ensure smooth accomplishment of company objectives.
- Efficiently and rapidly store and retrieve information using filing and tracking systems
- Plan, prioritize, and manage their own activities and office workflow even when working under tight deadlines
- Establish and preserve productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect, as well as nurture an effective working relationship with the work team
- Communicate effectively with clients and respond to their requirements
- Directing all transportation activities
- Assess moderately complex information from multiple sources and draw logical conclusions
- Communicate with various stakeholders, including customers, colleagues, vendors and provide clear and concise responses.
- Customer focused attitude to understand customer requirements, identify clients’ needs, and match them to appropriate solutions, or suggest and implement solutions to customer issues.
- Be able to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities that may require to work overtime or extended hours.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma in Transport & Logistics, Business Administration or related field
- 2 – 3 years proven work experience in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge and an understanding of logistics operations, practices and extensive work experience in logistic or supply chain management tasks
- A thorough understanding of MS Office applications and logistics software necessary to conduct research and complete routine/moderately complex tasks
- Extensive knowledge of the transportation industry
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent Communication and Organizational skills
- Analytical mind and good numeracy skills
- Client oriented
- Be able to drive with a valid driving license.