Razel-Bec limited, a construction and civil engineering company which is currently undertaking a project of rehabilitating the plunge pool of the Kariba dam in Siavonga Zambia. The purpose of the contract is to perform, on behalf of the Zambezi River Authority (ZRA), works to reshape the plunge pool of the Kariba dam on the Zambezi River, which is a natural border between Zambia and Zimbabwe:
ASSISTANT IT TECHNICIAN (1)
We are looking for an energetic Assistant IT Technician to support IT officer.
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
a.) Ensure the proper functioning of the site and the company’s IT equipment.
- control of the computer network Kariba
- Site Pass Sheet (to Fill)
b.) Check that the server is working properly.
c·) Check the transfer of data on manageable switches.
d.) Complete the Fiber Bandwidth Tracking Chart.
e.) Update the computer, Park.
f.) Assisting users.
g.) Computer Network Monitoring Sites
- Establishment “Passage Sheet Site” on arrival on each site.
- Transmission of the PSS to the branch Manager with comments and proposals for solutions
h.) User assistance
- Assist IT users of RAZEL sites with any computer problem (RAZEL staff, Group staff, partners, guests)
i.) Computer inventory of the territory
- Regularly update the computer Park of the territory
j.) Computer maintenance
- Maintenance, dusting, cleaning of equipment
- Verification of the operating status of the computer equipment
- Disk cleanup, defragmentation, deletion of temporary files, disk space check
- Checking the state of the operating system and application software
- Verification of the state of antivirus + periodic scan
- Internet connection test and network equipment
- Verification of the speed and availability of the internet
k.) Optimization of the computer park
- Privilege the mutualization of peripherals (Network printers)
- Optimize IT tools to reduce costs (Materials and consumables)
l.) Renewal Computer Park
- Establish the CERs (Computer Equipment Request) when a hardware / software change need becomes necessary or when new equipment is needed.
- Send the CERs for signature and keep track of CERs until the equipment is receive and installed.
m.) Rehabilitation of computer equipment
- Reinstallation of posts (Master FCI USB key)
- Repair of different computer equipment
n.) Equipment new site and Contracts
- Retrieving information from the operational staff (Plans, Duration, number of users
- Participation in the IT architecture of the site with the technical referent
- Installation of patch bay and RJ45 wiring
- Installation of the core network (firewall, switch, server, WIFI terminals etc.)
- To manage and maintain all IT service contracts with Provided Service companies.
- To manage all consumables required for all devices to ensure continuous flow of work on site and other Razel-Bec locations.
- To ensure security of all IT Data, Company Data, IT Equipment and to see that all end users abide by the Intellectual code of ethics.
- Proficient in core networking devices and troubleshooting skills.
- Proficiency with harware maintenance
- Must be Organized.
- Good Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Able to meet deadline and work under pressure.
a.) Must have a full Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate
b.) Must have a degree in computer sciences or any similar related qualification.
c.) Must be computer literate.
d.) Must be registered with ITCIZ.
e.) Must have 3 years+ work experience.
Only candidates who meet the above stated requirements should apply. Bring your application letters in person to Razel-Bec site office, addressing them to Human Resource Officer, or send your applications via email to [email protected] clearly indicating in the job title in the subject e.g ASSISTANT IT TECHNICIAN
Siavonga residents are encouraged to apply. Closing Date: Friday 27th January 2023.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
Job applications are free of charge, should anybody be requested for a financial compensation to get a job, it is illegal and Razel-Bec disavows any of such actions.