Razel-Bec limited, a construction and civil engineering company which is currently undertaking a project of rehabilitating the plunge pool of the Kariba dam in Siavonga Zambia. The purpose of the contract is to perform, on behalf of the Zambezi River Authority (ZRA), works to reshape the plunge pool of the Kariba dam on the Zambezi River, which is a natural border between Zambia and Zimbabwe:
ASSISTANT WORKSHOP MANGER (1)
We are looking for a foreman provides leadership and direction to the maintenance staff.
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Manage day to day efficient operations of the Workshop.
- Conduct Job Risk Assessment before work is carried out.
- Use diagnostic equipment to evaluate mechanical problems in vehicles.
- Assign all vehicle and equipment repairs to personnel and oversee completion.
- Assist in the development and review of the maintenance Standard Operating Procedures
- Conduct pre-start (Toolbox) meetings each shift.
- Communicate the weekly programm and targets to the workforce.
- In Liaison with Workshop Manager, conduct staff performance appraisal.
- Ensures environmental/safety issues arising from area of responsibility, or from own activities, are managed according to company policy and procedures, and good work.
- Prepare monthly reports according to set standards.
Minimum specifications / requirements areas
a) Minimum Advanced Certificate/ Technician – Automotive Mechanics.
b) Advanced knowledge of automotive mechanics and maintenance.
c) Minimum 5 years maintenance experience in similar position in a construction/ Mining Industry.
d) Must have hands on experience leading and managing a heavy equipment maintenance shop.
e) Be able to communicate effectively, in addition must have strong planning and organization skills to deliver operational excellence and efficiency.
f) Must possess intermediate computer skills including Microsoft office (word & Excel).
g) Valid EIZ Membership
h) Hold a valid Driver’s License.
Only candidates who meet the above stated requirements should apply. Bring your application letters in person to Razel-Bec site office, addressing them to Human Resource Officer, or send your applications via email to [email protected] clearly indicating in the job title in the subject e.g ASSISTANT WORKSHOP MANGER
Siavonga residents are encouraged to apply. Closing Date: Friday 27th January 2023.
Disclaimer: Job application are free of charge, should any body be requested for a financial compensation to get a job, it is illegal and Razel-Bec disavows any of such actions