Razel-Bec limited, a construction and civil engineering company which is currently undertaking a project of rehabilitating the plunge pool of the Kariba dam in Siavonga Zambia. The purpose of the contract is to perform, on behalf of the Zambezi River Authority (ZRA), works to reshape the plunge pool of the Kariba dam on the Zambezi River, which is a natural border between Zambia and Zimbabwe:
DRILL MECHANIC (1)
The mechanic is responsible for the general mechanical maintenance of the drills while continuously aligning daily functions to reflect the company’s values and contribute to lowering equipment downtime.
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Safely repair and maintain a fleet of drills which include Kobelco Excavator Top Hammer Drill, Sandvik Leopard DI 500, Sandvik Ranger DX 700/800, Furukawa Pneumatic Crawler Rig 200.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules.
- Carry out all scheduled maintenance, responding swiftly to rectify and complete repairs due to unscheduled maintenance.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives in a positive manner.
- Responsible for reporting, in writing, details of work activities at the completion of every job in work orders and turning over notes.
- Accurately diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical problems on heavy equipment.
- Make repairs in a timely fashion to get the job done and reduce downtime.
- Order parts accurately and complete all necessary paperwork involved.
- Work with Maintenance Personnel to repair mining equipment with the least amount of machinery downtime possible to effectively repair the equipment.
- Accurately troubleshoot all mechanical problems on machinery and parts to be repaired.
- Performs all work assigned safely, ensuring that the area is safe for mechanics and other employees.
- Returns well-documented and accurately completed work orders in a timely manner.
- Keeps in active communication with the Maintenance Supervisor and other crews to coordinate work and provide updates on work in progress.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to, safety, environmental, confidentiality and code of conduct.
- Meets or exceeds established performance expectations set by management.
- Consistently exercises discretion and judgment in job performance.
- Works without risk or harm to self and others.
- Punctuality and regular attendance required.
- Helps develop other department personnel to perform duties listed above.
- Should have strong mechanical aptitude and knowledge of all machinery under his/her maintenance.
- Able to read and understand hydraulic and electrical schematics.
- Be familiar with engine and powertrain design and function.
- Must have a working knowledge of all tools and equipment necessary to work in the Maintenance department.
- Ability to solve problems effectively in various areas, including mechanical issues.
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform basic welding and cutting.
- Ability to operate various equipment, including forklifts and service trucks.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Possesses good communication and interpersonal skills.
- General understanding of mining operations and limited understanding of milling and maintenance operations.
- Working knowledge and skill with P.C. utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to work independently and as a management team member.
- Demonstrates strong administrative, organizational, and technical writing skills.
- Ability to maintain an inventory of personal tools to complete the required job.
- Willing to work overtime days when the need warrants.
- Requires valid driver’s license.
HEALTH, SAFETY, AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Adheres to all safety and environmental considerations.
- Have a strong commitment to safe working practices.
- Always wears Personal Protective Equipment while in the production environment.
- Is alert and observes, corrects, and reports unsafe conditions.
- Follows operating procedures and complies with all regulatory requirements.
- Bold initiative
- Thinking safely
- Upholding quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving quantity
- Driving attendance
a.) Minimum of a Grade Twelve (Grade 12)
b.) Craft Certificate from recognized institution
c.) A minimum of 3 years relevant experience working as a Drill Mechanic
d.) A high level of hydraulics and electrical skills required.
Only candidates who meet the above stated requirements should apply. Bring your application letters in person to Razel-Bec site office, addressing them to Human Resource Officer, or send your applications via email to [email protected] clearly indicating in the job title in the subject e.g Drill Mechanic
Siavonga residents are encouraged to apply. Closing Date: Friday 27th January 2023.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.