Website RDG COLLECTIVE LTD
RDG’s vsion is to empower the future by facilitating economic and social development through access to clean energy systems, appliances, and financial inclusion.
Founded in April 2018, RDG was born with the sole ambition to ‘Empower the Future’. How? By providing affordable access to life changing clean energy systems and appliances. With the cost of these products remaining prohibitively high for almost all off-grid households, RDG provides its products on a PAY-AS-YOU-GO (PAYG) basis. This enables the customer to spread their payments over an extended period, rather than paying cash up front. By eliminating this ‘barrier’, households across Zambia can access RDG products such as Refrigerators, Solar Water Pumps, Smartphones and Solar Home systems (SHS) to improve and empower their lives. Households that were previously forgotten, are now on the frontier of an exciting new market opportunity.
Since commencement of sales in July 2019, RDG has connected customers in 8 provinces, directly benefiting over 21,000 people through direct sales by commission-based agents.
RDG team has grown from five employees to thirty-five full time, all driven by the challenge of continuous innovation and the passion of serving and empowering off grid customers. We recognize our team as a long-term competitive advantage and strive to build an entrepreneurial environment that enables them to think above and beyond set goals. The company believes in talent acquisition and undertake regular continuous training and leadership development programmes. The team participates in various work activities that brings about healthy relations and improves productivity.
We are committed to gender equality and equal opportunities for both males and females in the workplace.
Position: Operations Manager (1)
Job Location: Lusaka
Reporting to: General Manager.
The Operations Manager will be joining a team of ambitious professional Managers overseeing the growth of RDG with the sole ambition to empower the future. Operation Manager will be reporting to the General manager. He or She will manage day to day company operations and be responsible for the effective and successful management of Technical, Stock, Operations, and Logistics departments.
- Leading initiatives which support RDG’s culture of high performance, continuous improvement, and high moral.
- Planning and executing day-to-day activities required for efficient and effective operations both at HQ and all RDG Service centers.
- Work closely with management team to set policies, procedures, systems and to follow through with implementations.
- Communicate job expectations, planning, monitoring, and reviewing job contributions to the team
- Contribute to operations information and recommendations of strategic plans and reviews, prepare and complete action plans.
- Forecast requirements, prepare budgets, schedule expenditure, analyze variances and initiate corrective actions.
- Develop operation systems by determining product handling and storage requirements.
- Develop processes for receiving products, equipment utilization and inventory management.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures by complying with legal regulations
- Review and approve all operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment
- Work on inventory management with the team. Perform analysis of inventory and ensure we are utilizing our inventory effectively.
- Ensuring that all RDG Service centers and are operating efficiently and securely.
- Undertaking frequent site visits
- Update job Knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
Strong Candidate qualities:
- Strong Leadership reflected by daily examples of leading by example
- Consistently going above and beyond what is expected
- First in, last out personality
- Taking ownership of Departmental targets and performance.
- Driven to improve personal and Team performance.
- Critical thinker: Very strong ability to structure problems and resourceful in finding solutions even in the most challenging situations.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the quality of being able to work independently and demonstrating innovative thinking, problem-solving skills, and presence of mind
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distil information and effectively communicate to different audiences to get results.
- Passionate about working with rural, off-grid consumers and improving livelihoods.
- Driven by the social mission to provide energy to consumers and employment to rural communities.
- Capable of giving team members both positive feedback and constructive criticism.
- A Bachelor or master’s degree from a highly regarded University in Engineering, Business Administration, Business Management, or other relevant qualification.
- A master’s degree in any of the fields above is an added advantage.
- 5 years experience with at least 2 years experience in a senior management role with exposure Legal and customer service.
- Familiar with a variety of the fields concept, practices and procedures.
- Rely on extensively operational management experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals and key performance indicators.
Addition to compensation and statutory benefits
- Career Growth in a dynamic, fast growing PayGo industry
- Opportunity to work in an environment that embrace innovation
- Availability of specified leadership Training and Development programs for succession plan.