Bank of Zambia
The Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians for the following position:
RECORDS OFFICER, HEAD OFFICE (1 POST)
To manage the department’s records and the Confidential Registry in order to achieve their proper storage, maintenance and effective usage.
- Process all current records in line with the file plan to facilitate proper storage.
- Manage records received from all divisions/departments to ensure availability of complete and accurate information in the registry for informed and timely decision making.
- Create and maintain register of all files for purposes of accountability.
- Effect approved changes to the departmental file plan to reflect new developments.
- Facilitate systematic transfer to secure secondary storage areas of all identified inactive and redundant records.
- Facilitate access to records by authorised users to promote prompt decision making.
- Advise departmental staff on the management of their records and information.
- Conduct records inventory from time to time as input into records management activities.
- Oversee the transition of departmental records from paper to Electronic Document Management System (EDMS).
- Operate the EDMS efficiently and effectively and manage the creation, distribution, storage, archiving and destruction of records.
- Undertake appraisal of all records and/or audit the Electronic Document Management System to identify records due for destruction or archiving.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Library and Information Studies or Archives and Records Management from a reputable institution with 1-year’s relevant experience.
- Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better).
Key Knowledge and Attributes
- Demonstrated understanding in records management and registry functions procedures.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Conversant with current best practice trends in records management and information systems.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply. Please note that the position is on Fixed Term Contract of Employment for three (3) years and renewable subject to good performance.
Only candidates meeting the above role specifications are invited to apply online, via the BOZ Career page on www.boz.zm or address their hardcopy applications to the postal address appearing below. Applicants’ detailed curriculum vitae (CV), certified copies of certificates and National Registration Card MUST be enclosed with or attached to the online or hardcopy applications. The closing date for applications is Monday, 7 September 2020.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note that the Bank of Zambia has automated its recruitment process. With effect from 1 January 2021, the Bank will ONLY accept online job applications and hard copy applications will no longer be processed.
The Director – Human Resources
Bank of Zambia
P O BOX 30080