Attalia Transport Limited/Heba Petroleum Limited
JOB TITLE: SALES, OPERATIONS AND LOGISTICS OFFICER
Company Profile: Petroleum products and goods distribution and transportation company, located in Lusaka’s industrial area.
Summary of Position: A multi-tasking position to support sales, workshop operations, fleet/vehicle maintenance and repairs. To be based in Lusaka but with possible travel to other districts as needed.
Support sales and revenue increase through:
- Playing a key role in Sales/Operations and Logistics planning, by continuously aligning company functions and processes, assessing current company processes/procedures and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Supporting/developing the company sales and revenue strategy
- Managing sales data including smoothing out sales processes, staying well informed of sales/operations internal data as well as making use of statistics and market research to identify opportunities to increase sales and improve the company revenue
- Managing technical tools and necessary company platforms, including customer relationship management tools
- Promptly responding to incidents and reporting to your supervisor as necessary
- Acting as a positive representation of the company
Ensure that operating procedures for each key activities are in place, followed and are regularly updated to reflect any policy or operational changes by:
- Seeing to it that risks to operations are regularly identified, quantified and communicated to the MD for remedies
- Ensuring that product/asset loss is within control by monitoring losses on daily basis, preparing required reports and suggesting ways of reducing such incidences of loss
- Innovatively proposing of methods that will make operations cheaper, safer and faster. This includes especially the bridger discharge and delivery truck filling tasks.
- Acting as asset custodian and ensuring that Company assets in the warehouse are kept securely and affordably maintained in a manner that will ensure they are preserved and serve satisfactorily over their expected lifetime of useful service.
- Ensuring that product measurement at receipt, storage and issue is done in compliance with both Company and National legal requirements, including carrying out annual calibration of supply bridgers, bi-annual calibration of loading meters and annual calibration of secondary distribution vehicles.
- Ensuring accounts for utility providers (such as ZESCO, Water, etc) are managed to ensure continuity of services
Ensure on-time goods and fuel deliveries to customers by supporting the transportation, distribution, and storage of goods and materials through:
- Keeping record of all inventory, vehicle repairs and conducting follow ups on repairs/works done
- Ensuring that vehicles/trucks fully comply with RTSA and ERB regulations such as valid Road tax, Insurance, Road Service License, etc and these are fully and correctly displayed at all times
- Supervising and overseeing other company staff such as drivers/ mechanics/ welders/ electricians etc during mechanical repairs of company vehicles
- Providing onboarding and mentorship in company processes to other staff including company drivers
- Conducting background and security checks for all workshop employees
- Ensuring that company vehicles/trucks are fully checked before being dispatched
- Leading and coordinating a strategic planning for logistics
- Developing relationships with customers, ensuring all materials are transported on time, understanding customer needs and finding ways to minimize the cost of moving goods and materials
- Organizing the storage and distribution of goods when applicable, ensuring that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost.
- Providing logistical support and overseeing the overall logistical processes in supporting the transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods.
- Managing cost of transporting goods, organizing goods delivery schedules & routes, ensuring that vehicles are safe and meet legal requirements, and making sure that drivers are aware of their duties.
- Compiling reports about particular incidents, events, or updates about an important issue for the business
- Solving conflicts and addressing issues that could occur between the company and the customer or other entities
Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of diploma in Business, Sales/Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience, preferably in a petroleum and/or transportation environment
- Possess a personal vehicle (own transport to office) and hold a valid driver’s certificate
- Ability to establish and nurture beneficial business relationships
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Capability to negotiate with and influence others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience in warehouse supervision will be added advantage
- Proven ability to lead a team
- Organized, results-oriented with good analytical skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work outside scheduled working hours if needed
- Self-motivated with a willingness to take initiative and solve problems
- Capable of prioritizing and managing heavy workflow to optimize time and resources and meet deadlines Independently with ease and efficiency
- Petroleum/transportation industry knowledge will be an added advantage
- Understanding of vehicles/trucks mechanics and repairs will be added advantage
- Ability to perform other duties as assigned
If you meet these requirements and are interested, send an application cover letter stating the position being applied for and the expected net salary (take-home) including a CV to [email protected] by 10:00am Tuesday, 21st June, 2022