Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the Northwestern region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km southwest of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Refrigeration Technician.
Reporting to the Senior Electrical Supervisor, your duties will include but not limited to the following;
- Install, maintain, diagnose faults, and repair electrical wiring problems and re-gassing
- Diagnose, service and repair faults on Air cons and Cold-rooms across site
- Test, replace, and install equipment such as generators, alternators and other devices
- Clean and test components and conduct regular servicing of equipment.
- Ensure hazardous substances are disposed of appropriately and Health Safety and Environment (HSE) requirements are met
- Any other duties as directed by the Supervisor
- Maintain a professional work ethic through effective, honest communication with supervisors, peers, and operations personnel at all times.
- The position will be expected to positively impact and contribute to the performance of the company through leadership and individual activity.
- Plan, schedule and monitor work of support personnel to assist immediate supervisor
Experience & Qualifications
- Technician/Craft Certificate-Refrigeration & Aircon.
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience.
- Sound understanding and experience of the principles of Refrigeration.
- Able to clearly demonstrate the aptitude to drive a light vehicle and hold a current Zambian driver’s license
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com.