With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Grants Financial Management:
- Conduct Quarterly reviews and analyses of grants’ financial reporting.
- Provide feedback and analysis to National Offices (NOs) on areas with significant over- or under-spending and/or any other risk areas.
- Ensure appropriate grant financial monitoring frameworks are in place, and operating satisfactorily, in each National Office to support ministry objectives.
- Explore ways to reduce overhead costs on grants to ensure WV’s competitiveness without comprising ministry quality.
- Liaise with NOs to ensure timely reimbursement of funds used to pre-finance multilateral funded programs implementation.
- Participate in planning, budgeting, and year End Closing process.
- Provide expert consultation regarding the implementation of cost allocation policy at the project/grant level.
- Provide Quarterly updates on the region grants portfolio to key stakeholders in collaboration with Grants Global Centre Unit (GGCU) – Manila, National Offices, and GAM Director.
- Proactively identify and escalate grant financial and/or operational management issues as necessary in coordination with the regional GAM Director.
- Liaise monthly with Regional GAM Director to review grant portfolio, strategic grants under acquisition, and grant issues being resolved.
Strategic Financial Planning and Management
Support the region’s financial planning and budgeting.
- Support the NO in developing grant financial management strategies, priorities, and plans in alignment with regional, and global strategies and priorities as well as emerging trends.
- Liaise with Support Office (SO) Finance regarding their trips to the region in collaboration with the NO Finance/Grant Teams.
- Develop and maintain good professional networks with the National Office Grant. Managers, SO IPGs, NO Finance Directors, and Regional Grants Acquisition Management Directors.
- Represent the regional finance in the grants community forum (internal and external to WV) and participate in at least one Grants Community Working group.
Grants Budget & Acquisition
- Work with SOs in large scale (budget over $5m) proposal design workshops and review proposal budget to ensure grant proposals are competitive.
- Work with NOs and SOs to prepare and/or review proposal Budget amendments, and extensions of the life of an award any other award budget modification.
- Work with the grant acquisition and management team to promote effective relations and support to National Offices prioritized to grow grants or balance their funding portfolio
Grant Capacity building
- Co-planning and Facilitating capacity building initiatives with Regional GAM Director at the National/Regional Office especially as it relates to grants financial management and grants compliance.
- Ensure succession planning for National Office Grant Finance Managers is in place.
- Participate in and/or co-facilitate large-scale grants start-up workshops in collaboration with the NOs and respective SOs.
- Develop a pool of grant finance experts, create an environment of experience sharing, and promote best practices within the region.
- Support the Regional GAM Director in planning and delivering regional GAM meetings and workshops aimed at strengthening NO grant capacity.
- Coordinate with NO to assure follow-up actions and implementation of audit recommendations and address common audit findings.
- Participate in large-scale grants audit preparation with national/program offices and support the National /program offices to provide required information and address disallowed costs.
Risk assessment For Grants approval:
- Review risk assessment for grants approval received from national offices in light of risk mitigation.
Award Terms interpretation:
- Provide in collaboration with the SOs core team, expert advice on the interpretation of award terms and ensure that grants implementations are within the requirements.
Internal Control Systems:
- Assist in the development of financial policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, WVI finance policies, and Government and other donor regulations.
LDRs, BPS, and Cost Allocation implementation monitoring:
- Work in collaboration with the national offices in the region to ensure proper implementation of the LDRs database system and Costs Allocation Policy.
- Work with Financial Reporting Service Centre (FRSC) staff to address any issues pertaining to LDRs database implementation.
Large Scale grants close-out:
- Assist NOs in the preparation of large-scale grants (>US$5 million) closeouts plan.
- Ensure proper implementation of the large-scale close-out plan to ensure compliance with award requirements.
Regional representation at various grants community forums:
- Represent the region in the grants community forums (internal and external to WV).
- Participate in Global Grants Community working groups.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as assigned by the Regional Field Director (RFD) and the (Global Grant Community) GGC Director.
- Attend and participate in devotional meetings.
Required Professional Experience
- 10 years’ experience with government grant regulations and financial reporting requirements. Strong experience in establishing and enforcing common protocols and standards throughout a large organization
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash-flow monitoring and internal accounting controls
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Business Admin, or Accounting.
- High-level computer literacy and knowledge of spreadsheet applications
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- MBA or equivalent preferred
- Senior leadership experience in strategic financial management
- Track record of successfully training developing/mentoring and supervising finance and grant staff
- Working knowledge of the WV Partnership preferred and ability to interface sensitively with people from various departments in both field and support offices.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural competence with an ability to engage with diverse staff and leadership to promote trust and collaboration.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviours, and proactively managing bias.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to National offices
Travel: minimum of 25% International travel is required
World Vision International – Southern Africa Region is both an equal opportunity employer and a Christian organization. We conduct recruitment without regard to race, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, parental or pregnancy status, or disability of an otherwise qualified individual. We take a firm stance against racism, discrimination, and harassment and foster an environment where people with a multiplicity of personal characteristics are embraced and valued.
As a reflection of our commitment to equity and equal pay for all, if a candidate meets all the minimum requirements of the role, we hire at a minimum of the midpoint of the salary scale.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only