Right to Care
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Right to Care Zambia has been awarded a five (5) year project funded by the USAID through the PEPFAR mechanism. The USAID – Action HIV project aims to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission by achieving the UNAIDS and PEPFAR goal of 95/95/95 HIV treatment coverage by providing comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment maintenance services in Luapula, Northern and Muchinga provinces of Zambia. The USAID Action HIV project will work closely with and in support of the Ministry of Health.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Request to Hire No.: RTCZ23-001
Date Advertised: 17th January 2023
Closing Date: 20th January 2023
Position: Registered Nurse/Midwife
Location: Nsama Rural Health Centre, Northern Province
No. of Vacancies: 1
Contract Duration: Until 30th September 2023
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Job Grade: 10
Reporting To: District Technical Officer
Contact Email: [email protected]
Contact Person: Vacancy16
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma in Registered Nursing/ Midwifery with 3 years working experience
- Adult and paediatric ART Management Training
- Trained in HIV Counselling, testing and ART Adherence
- Trained in eMTCT management and EID services
- Experience working in ART management at facility, community and at PHC levels
- Health Care and community-based health programming for HIV
- Trained in HIV Nurse prescription a MUST
- Training certificate in Male Circumcision Surgical Skills
- Training certificate in Cervical Cancer screening
- Member of General Nursing Council of Zambia (GNC)
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Prior experience working in HIV Management/Control
- 4 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse in a Community health/Hospital setting
- Health care service delivery background
- Knowledge of Laboratory ART services such as baselines tests etc.
- Knowledge of various ART related documentation
TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- Customer Orientation
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Good time management skills and ability to determine priorities
- Counselling skills
- Professional Ethics
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Implement targeted, high yield testing strategies
- Initiate 95 percent of those who newly test positive through rapid initiation protocols at the facility and in the community
- Monitor VL suppression rates, scale-up VL testing services, including increasing testing capacity, demand creation, specimen transport, and result utilization
- 100% Clinical care in line with vital signs of all clients reviewed at facility level
- Provision of Nutrition Assessment & Counselling (NACS) to the eligible clients to improve adherence, retention and viral load suppression
- Provide age-band targeted VMMC to avert new infections and reduce the spread of HIV
- Implement PrEP among high-risk key and priority populations.
- Provide Cervical Cancer screening to all the eligible women in the facilities
- Implement differentiated service delivery (DSD) models to improve adherence, retention, and ultimately viral suppression
- Conduct quality control projects and improvement every month to improve quality care to clients
- Ensure data quality control quantitative through timely input of data
- Submission of reports on respective organisation platforms requiring your monitoring and reporting input
Applications in the form of a cover letter and CV must be submitted to [email protected]
All applicants are required to complete an online competency assessment accessible using this link
Only applicants that complete the two steps above will be considered.
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Applicants are required to complete all screening assessment questions and completion of competency assessment using the link provided above for the application of this position to be complete. Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Right to Care Zambia is aware of fraudulent activities by certain individuals claiming to be representatives of the organization.
Be advised that Right to Care does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and as such Right to Care Zambia assumes no responsibility for any announcements or activities by such individuals or entities.