Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Commercial Division under the Commercial Banking Department to be based in Kasama.
RELATIONSHIP MANAGER –KASAMA (X1)
The Relationship Manager has the responsibility for building and maintaining customer relationships, maximizing business levels, service and profit performance in commercial banking whilst maintaining the portfolio within acceptable risk levels. The role holder is also responsible for supporting the Commercial Banking Head in the development of Corporate Banking business strategy and customer risk mitigation strategies.
Under the supervision of the Commercial Banking Head, the following are among the job key responsibilities:-
- Maintain and grow customer relationships and identify opportunities in those relationships for Zanaco and to work on those opportunities to their successful conclusion
- Identify business requirements in respect of the product and solution requirements needed to satisfy customer needs and requirements
- Perform regular customer visits and keep abreast with developments in various markets and industries that customers operate in
- Market the Bank’s products which include short term loans, cash advance, offshore facilities, guarantees, trade finance services, call etc.
- Cross sell the Bank’s products across business units
- Maintain the portfolio of customers within acceptable risk parameter
- Adherence to risk and compliance requirements
- Minimise customer complaints
- Achieve utilization levels in line with budget
- Attain income levels in line with budget
- Achieve the required returns on capital employed
- Maintain expenses within budgetary control
- Achieve product utilization levels in line with budget
- Pipeline conversion
- Perform up to date financial analysis on customer businesses and conduct regular assessments of business and management risk on customers
- Adhere to the Bank’s Credit Policy Framework on all customer accounts
- Achieve better than required impairment levels
- Participate actively in business development meetings by updating business on new developments regarding challenges, and opportunities existing in our business
- Generate proposals to increase the value of the Corporate and Treasury portfolio through the identification of new products, potential alliances and leveraging off Group product and service capabilities.
- External: Local Regulators on statutory matters, Customers, SME and Corporate
- Internal: All divisions
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects
- University Degree in relevant subject
- Diploma in Banking and Finance will be an added advantage
- At least five (5) years banking experience
- Understanding of banking Retail products and account opening, KYC Cash and other Branch process requirements
- Understanding of relevant legislation e.g. KYC, Anti – Money laundering, Banking code
- Understanding of people policies and processes
- Demonstrated complaint handling and resolution skills
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Delighting customers
- Persuading and selling
- Attention to detail
- Drive for results
- Analytical thinking
- Team work
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to [email protected] no later than Tuesday, 13th June 2017. Kindly note that you do not need to send us copies of your qualification certificates at this point.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply)