Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Commercial Division under the Commercial & Agriculture Banking Department to be based in Lusaka:
RELATIONSHIP MANAGER – EMERGING AGRICULTURE
To manage and sustain a portfolio of Commercial Banking customers, building long term relationships based on efficient and reliable support for their business. This is achieved particularly through quick risk decisions and managing consistency and quality of operational service.
Under the supervision of the Head Emerging Agriculture, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for business development both with new and existing customers.
- Cross sell full commercial and agriculture product set as a primary objective.
- Adjust risk portfolio contributions as well as other performance metrics such as customer satisfaction.
- Develop a relationship plan for customers including sales and contact strategy.
- Develop and implement a client-calling schedule to visit all clients in the portfolio.
- Identify and take ownership of sales leads generated from associate Business Unit stakeholders.
- Conduct annual review of customers’ borrowing facilities (and interim review if customer circumstances dictate).
- Work with specialists like Transactional Services, Trade Finance and Treasury to maximise sale of these products to customers.
- Take overall responsibility for the Bank’s relationship with customers including negotiation of pricing and service levels.
- Determine the products that are most effective in meeting customers’ needs and be able to sell these, at short notice, both reactively and proactively.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to risk service standards.
- Produce call reports in agreed format for all scheduled significant business meetings, these should be filed in the shared folder and customer file.
- Research, create and follow up on a target list for potential new business.
- Identify priority customers to assess their present and potential contribution.
- Manage and control portfolio within agreed limits by monitoring daily excesses to ensure that client facilities are managed within the parameters set by Credit Risk.
- Work in partnership with Credit Analysis Specialist on new and existing credit applications, providing guidance on credit appetite and consulting with Credit Risk team as appropriate.
- In the event of credit quality deterioration, the Relationship Manager (RM) will be responsible for producing briefs and associated updates.
- Ensure proper segmentation codes applied against assigned portfolio of customers.
- Interact frequently and closely with all clients to analyse and establish ongoing needs and to assist clients to better understand their financial requirements.
- Accurately and efficiently process customer mandates/documentation requirements for financial facilities.
- Plan and implement annual credit reviews for the portfolio.
- Explain and structure/customise credit loan facility options, parameters and qualifying criteria.
- Support customers in the completion of credit application information requirements.
- Notify customers regarding the approval/decline of credit loan facilities.
- Explore alternative solutions in the event of declines from Credit.
- Monitor clients due for repayments and ensure collections are effected.
- Manage and control industry sector, client exposure, and securities held to contain risk.
- Complete disclosure to the customers in terms of service fees, and commissions.
- Manage the performance contribution of support staff.
- Any other responsibilities or tasks as maybe assigned by management.
- External: Client/Customers.
- Internal: All Divisions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Economics, Finance, Sales or Marketing or Equivalent.
- At least four (4) years Sales experience.
- Credit knowledge, relationship management focused resources.
- Good knowledge of general banking practices and procedures.
- A good current knowledge of different industry sectors and sector risk profiles/ trends.
- A thorough knowledge of multi-level products available to commercial/agriculture banking customers and pricing structures.
- A good knowledge of competitor offerings and structures.
- A good knowledge of the Companies Act for correct documentation/ mandate preparation purposes.
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Verbal and written communication.
- Delighting customers.
- Persuading and selling.
- Drive for results.
- Analytical thinking.
- Team work.
- Strong numerical skills and financial acumen.
- Negotiation skills.
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to [email protected] no later than Tuesday, 23rd January, 2018.
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of qualifications along with the application/ cover letter and curriculum vitae.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org