Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Coordinator – Planning & Reliability
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Reliability Analyst
Reporting to the Coordinator – Planning & Reliability, you will be supporting the operations in maximising the utilisation of the assets through safe, cost effective and reliable equipment. This is achieved through collaboratively working with the operations team on equipment strategy development, life cycle cost analysis, reliability improvement and reliability processes and practices.
- Develop whole of life equipment strategies that:
- Utilize Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) processes that meet legislative, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Company requirements
- Include technical requirements and hold points e.g. Quality Assurance/ Quality Control (QA QC) for equipment strategy documents
- Define critical, insurance and min / max spare requirements
- Define repair specifications and QA / QC requirements
- Develop Life cycle cost models that:
- Optimise life cycle costs
- Identify repair versus replacement decisions
- Are regularly updated
- Improve equipment reliability through:
- Availability and Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) trends and Bad Actor Data Analysis
- Equipment condition monitoring review
- Asset condition and integrity review
- High risk equipment condition review and contingency planning
- Tactical improvement plan support
- Equipment strategy validation
- Equipment root cause analysis
- Component hour analysis
- Equipment technical support
- Manage reliability processes such as:
- Defect elimination
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
Experience & Qualifications
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical / other related discipline.
- Member of Engineering Institution of Zambia.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in mobile equipment and/or fixed plant facilities.
- Experience in large multi pit operations utilising large scale mining equipment.
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis (RCA), contamination control and/or maintenance KPI’s is high desirable.
- Proficiency with Maintenance and reliability systems (ERP or Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), monitoring systems, Minecare, Dispatch and/or databases in general) is desirable.
- Previous experience with RCM, Failure Mode Equipment Criticality Analysis or any other equipment strategy methodology is preferred.
- Competency in predictive maintenance techniques such as: oil analysis, vibration analysis, non-destructive testing (NDT), thermography, health monitoring is desirable.
- Statutory compliance awareness – Mining Regulation and International Standards relevant to mining equipment.
- Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
- Experience in interpretation and working with engineering drawings.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels, confident communicator with senior management, legal entities and external stakeholders.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: A Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com.