Reliant Farms Limited
We are into Aquaculture, Horticulture & Poultry
The Assistant Farm Manager is responsible to provide assistance in the overall management of Reliant Farms. S/he will be actively involved in the day to day operations on the farm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this role successfully, the Assistant Farm Manager will perform the following responsibilities in relation to Reliant Farms, which will include but are not limited to:
- Plan and implement budgets and production targets
- Monitor the quality of produce and performance of the farm
- Resolve customer issues to their overall satisfaction
- Ensure product quality and availability
- Keep up to date and accurate records
- Work closely with the Director
- Organize employee schedule
- Undertake practical work as necessary depending on the volume of the work
- Complete tasks assigned by the Director accurately and efficiently
- Communicate directly with the Farm Director, the status of work/needed responsibilities on the farm.
- Assign and communicate daily/weekly duties required to the farm workers/other employees on the farm.
- Measure and report daily/monthly work progress of the farm.
- Work together with the farm workers to achieve the weekly goals of the farm.
- Act as an intermediary between the Farm Director and other workers on the farm, bringing concerns in a very supportive and positive manner.
Key Skills, Attributes and Education
- Certificate in General Agriculture or better
- Grade 12 school certificate
- The ability to work under pressure and make decisions in stressful environments
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Supervisory skills and management ability
- Profit oriented and have a big picture of the farm vision and mission in mind.
- Willingness to be on the farm in all weathers and patience to undertake all sorts of practical, sometimes repetitive jobs
- Willingness to work overtime as required
- Self-motivation, with the ability to motivate others
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively when required
- Team player
- Dedicated to customer satisfaction and a great customer experience
- Ability to drive a vehicle will be an added advantage.
S/he will be required to have previous hands-on farming experience in vegetable production, Poultry (broilers) management, Soya beans/tomato production and farm management.