Website Rephidim Institute
Rephidim Institute has existed for the past 31 years offering high quality education for both primary and secondary education. Its operations have diversified in various fields covering real estate operations and agriculture. In its quest to maintain its Christian values and provide high quality products to its clients in diversity, we wish to recruit high profile staff of dynamic characters and backgrounds.
The school seeks to recruit a mature School Secretary to ensure the smooth operation of the school and provide key support services to all the stakeholders including staff, students and parents.
SCHOOL SECRETARY JOB DESCRIPTION
To perform a variety of secretarial, clerical and administrative duties in support of the operation of the school and in support of the principal, staff, students and parents.
Main Job Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
Filing systems and database management
- Set up and maintain filing systems for students and staff – paper and electronic. create, maintain and enter information into databases; locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring a response and locate and provide data as requested
Student and staff attendance
- Support Head Teacher to track students’ attendance, notify parents of student absences and other related duties
- Support management to track staff attendance and absences, process and track staff leave requests and keep accurate staff and student attendance records and submit reports as required
- Support payroll functions including maintaining timekeeping records and processing
School processes and procedures
- Manage school processes and procedures to ensure compliance with school regulations; enrol and withdraw students from school in accordance with school procedures; meet with new students and parents to complete registration and orientation process and provide school-specific administrative support processes such as student services in collaboration with other units.
Schedules and calendars
- Schedule and confirm appointments for staff as required; maintain appointment and event calendars and coordinate meetings and events
- Gather and collate information to prepare data-related reports; provide staff and stakeholders with accurate information regarding school operations and produce reports in compliance with legal and administrative requirements
- Operate electronic mail systems and coordinate the flow of information internally and externally; prepare and distribute appropriate communications including newsletters, emails and announcements
prepare a variety of documents including correspondence, agendas, event programs, reports, schedules and calendars and compose, type and distribute minutes of meetings
Front desk duties
- Serve as a central information point to the public, students and staff regarding school-related matters and procedures; answer incoming calls, provide information, direct calls where necessary and take messages
greet visitors, handle inquiries and direct visitors to the appropriate destination and read, sort and distribute incoming school mail
Education and Experience
- relevant training or qualification e.g. Degree in Secretary Studies, Administration or Office Management
- Minimal 5 years of proven work experience in similar capacity
working knowledge of relevant software applications including database management
- knowledge of current office operations and procedures and working knowledge of standard office equipment
- proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar and other English language skills and proven experience of producing communications and documents
knowledge of school policies and procedures
Competencies and Skills
- Being an Adventist in good and regular standing will be considered added advantage
- Organizational and planning skills including the ability to maintain an effective balance between multiple and competing priorities
problem-solving skills; able to exercise sound judgment in making decisions and attention to detail and accuracy
- Confidentiality, integrity and adherence to ethical standards and team member diversity oriented – able to work effectively with people regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity.
- energy and enthusiasm
To apply send your completed electronic application including a statement of intent clearing demonstrating how you meet the above criteria, CV and copies of educational certificates and licenses. Applications that will not follow the instructions provided will not be considered.
Only qualified candidates are advised to apply send their applications to [email protected] clearly indicating position applied for in the subject of the email.
The closing date for this vacancy is Thursday 11th May 2023. For further details contact Mrs Ruth Mulondiwa Moonde on +260 960 464 517 between 10:00hrs and 15:00hrs only during the advertisement period.