PENSIONS AND INSURANCE AUTHORITY
PENSIONS AND INSURANCE AUTHORITY
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR CONSULTING SERVICES FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A MARKET CONDUCT REGULATORY FRAMEWORK
The Pensions and Insurance Authority has recognised the urgent need to build and strengthen capacity of the pension industry to undertake financial consumer protection. It against this background that a provision was made, in its 2020 budget, towards the cost of engaging consultant to develop a market conduct regulatory framework.
The Authority is hereby calling for Expressions of Interest for provision of consultancy services to develop a market conduct regulatory framework.
2.0 OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The objective of the assignment is to develop a market conduct regulatory framework with focus on the pension industry. The framework must encompass consumer protection principles applicable to pensions industry such as fair treatment of pensions scheme members and disclosure and transparency among others.
3.0 DELIVERABLES FOR THE ASSIGNMENT
The Consultant will be expected to formulate a market conduct regulatory and market supervision framework aimed at consumer protection while drawing lessons from regional and international best practices taking into account Zambia’s specific requirements.
4.0 EXPERIENCE OF THE FIRM AND STAFF
The Authority invites eligible Consultant(s) with requisite expertise for the development of a Market Conduct Regulatory Framework (Pensions Industry). The Consultant(s) should demonstrate high knowledge and skill in areas that constitute or cover the areas detailed above and must provide the following information:
Relevant experience and role of firm’s professional staff in reference to the proposed assignment:
- The team to comprise individuals with experience in the financial sector and must have demonstrated expertise in financial consumer protection and market conduct supervision.
- The team must demonstrate understanding of recent developments in institutional structure and regulatory frameworks in the region and beyond.
- Qualifications and experience in the areas that constitute business, finance, law, economics or policy development.
- The lead consultant must hold at least 10 years’ experience conducting research and developing frameworks in the financial sector.
- Demonstrate good understanding of social security, including the business, legal and regulatory environment and government policies in Zambia.
- Knowledge in market conduct and financial consumer protection mechanisms will be an added advantage.
Describe experience of professional staff relevant to the proposed assignment.
Relevant experience of the firm that best fit with proposed assignment
Core area of expertise of the firm must be described.
Firm to list relevant experiences related to this assignment during the last 5 years. Summary of similar assignments executed successfully in the immediate past 3 years focusing on brief descriptions of assignments and experience. Consultants must provide a list of companies for which the vendor has completed projects that are essentially equivalent to this EOI indicating the following;
- Project title;
- Implementing Institution;
- Duration; and
Joint Ventures with international firms are encouraged.
5.0 OTHER SHORTLISTING REQUIREMENTS
All interested Consultants must submit the following documents as part of their EOI for their firm:
- Certificate of Incorporation/Registration;
- Company Profile
- Valid Tax Clearance Certificate
6.0 PROCUREMENT METHOD
Open National Selection: A Consultant once issued with the Request for Proposal will be selected using Quality Based Selection (QCBS) Procurement Method.
7.0 DETAILS FOR SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Expressions of Interest clearly marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR CONSULTING SERVICES FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A MARKET CONDUCT REGULATORY FRAMEWORK” must be deposited in the Tender Box situated on the Ground floor, PIA office Building, Stand No. 4618, Lubwa Road, Rhodespark, Lusaka on or before Thursday 16th July, 2020 at 10:30hrs. Late or faxed Expressions of Interest shall be rejected. EOI will be opened thereafter in the presence of bidders or their representatives who choose to attend.
Management Procurement Committee
FOR/REGISTRAR AND CEO