Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
Jhpiego seeks Research Assistants/Data Collectors and based in Kafue , Rufunsa , Chongwe Livingstone and Mazabuka only to collect field data and support the Monitoring and Evaluation unit. Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified people for the post of Research Assistant/Data Collector. This is for a duration of ten (10) days. Training and mentoring will be provided to those who will be engaged.
The Research Assistant (RA)/Data Collector will work under the direction of a research team comprised of the MER Director, MER Advisor and MER Officers.
- The RA will collect field data from health centers in Southern and Lusaka Provinces using various data collection tools.
- The RA will be responsible for ensuring correct data is collected
- Keep record or inventory of information obtained during data collection.
- Collaborates with other data collectors and supervisor.
- The RA will enter such collected data into a database via a tablet.
- A diploma or degree from a recognised college/university.
- some research and analytical skills;
- Good computer skills
- Strong and proactive interpersonal skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent team building and co-operative work skills;
- Strong results orientation;
Please send your cover letter and Curriculum Vitae that demonstrates relevant knowledge, skills, and experience. Name and contact information for at least two referees familiar with the applicant’s character, skills, and experience.
Applications indicating ‘Research Assistant’ should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager at [email protected].
The Closing date is 17th August, 2018
To apply for this job email your details to Zambiajobs@Jhpiego.org