John Snow, Inc.
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five year project which will be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates,mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position Title: Research Manager
Position Type: Full time
The Research Manager will be a member of the Strategic Information team of the SAFE program and be based in the Lusaka headquarters office. The Research Manager will be responsible for coordinating all research activities conducted by the program as part of the overall monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system. The program will develop a research agenda for program-related operations research that will be overseen by the Research Manager.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and implement the research agenda for USAID/PEPFAR SAFE
- Design and implement research studies; analyze and report findings in a way that makes them useful to the program and to the MOH.
- Liaise with counterpart agencies, key stakeholders, and representatives of other national and international agencies with whom joint research activities are planned.
- Provide research-related mentoring to District and Provincial staff to support key technical activities and the research that are designed to
- Initiate sector-wide discussions over the role of research in improving HIV prevention, care and treatment services, and take the lead in operationalizing the recommendations that ensue from these discussions.
- Monitor any research activities and encourage joint research efforts.
- Advise program partners regarding testing of new approaches to intervention at all levels on the basis of their outcome, impact, and cost effectiveness
- Master’s degree in public health preferred or bachelor’s degree and additional training, certificate or qualification in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) or relevant field;l
- Master’s degree in public health preferred or bachelor’s degree and additional training in research
- Minimum of 5 years technical experience working at all levels of operations research, covering formative research, monitoring, development and implementation of interventions, and report writing, at least 2 years of directing research.
- Excellent critical thinking, writing, and time management skills.
- Excellent training skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop surveys and other research tools
- Experience in Zambia conducting applied and/or academic research
- Fluency in English; fluency in Bemba/Nyanja highly desirable.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
To apply: Send an application via email to [email protected] In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement when applying for this role.
Closing Date: Tuesday, 21 November 2017
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
John Snow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org