Website Restless Development Zambia
Position: Fundraising Proposal Development Professional
Recruiting organization: Restless Development Zambia
Location: Home Based
Duration for consultancy: Retainer of 6 Months – working days to be agreed upon when proposal development opportunities arise
Unit: Investments and Partnerships
Consultancy Terms of Reference
PURPOSE OF THE CONSULTANCY:
Restless Development Zambia has since 2003, been equipping youth to voice their priorities; facilitating their access to decision makers for accountability; and supporting platforms for youth to demonstrate that they are effective change agents. We strengthen government, institutional and civil society partners’ capacity to engage with youth. Our evidence-informed policy engagement is unique in its approach, cutting across government, private sector and the NGO sector and this has set us apart as an innovative partner in development.
The purpose of this consultancy is to develop project proposals supporting Restless Development’s strategic plan to continue and expand development activities in Zambia and the surrounding region. The main function is to design proposals for projects and programs in accordance with the principles and requirements of different donors (national and foreign entities, governmental and non-governmental entities and the private sector).
METHOD OF WORK:
The consultant will be home based, reporting directly to the Hub Director. The consultancy is structured on flexi-hours; no particular start or end time for the work day rather focus is on meeting the expected outputs within the set timelines and quality expectations.
DURATION OF THE CONSULTANCY
The consultancy retainer will be valid for 6 months. The consultant will then be contacted when proposal development opportunities arise and working days will be agreed upon then.
The consultant will meet the following deliverables in line with the agreed timeline (to be confirmed at the start of the consultancy):
- Take part in the identification of all funding opportunities.
- Carry out search to establish background information
- Be responsible for the entire process of preparing proposals
- Prepare short and concise conceptual notes for the preparation of funding proposals that include the logical framework, performance indicators, monitoring and evaluation plan, among others;
- Participation in consultation meetings with donors, partners and staff during the development and writing of proposals;
- Design and analyze budgets to ensure (i) their viability, (ii) that all donor requirements are met and (iii) are aligned with Restless budget policies;
- Work in close cooperation with the project development team.
- Secure all attachments and ensure that all processes are completed
- Ensure compliance with deadlines associated with the proposal preparation process;
- Write grant proposals of all kinds including complex and demanding types.
The consultant should meet the following requirements for this assignment.
- Graduate level qualification (Undergraduate degree or Masters).
- Strong knowledge of current and future funding trends, as well as of development issues.
- Experience developing private sector relationships and alternative funding strategies, beyond donor-driven funding
- An excellent understanding of project cycle management (including problem/objective trees, stakeholder analysis, project planning, budgeting, theory of change).
- Previous extensive experiences in writing winning proposals of significant size
- Experience in working with teams to develop project ideas, objectives, log-frame etc.
- Extraordinary good oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Highly productive with pride in quality work
- Highly organized and detail orientated
- Strong people skills and approachable
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to change
- Ability to work in and promote a team environment / concept
- Ability to work under pressure and extra hours when necessary, and to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programmes
- Experience in project implementation is an added advantage
- Strong communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently with
- Commitment to deliver high quality outputs
How to Apply
Applications must be sent with the following information
- Cover letter stating your interest, availability, strength and daily rates.
- Detailed CVs
- List of proposals in which you played a major role in developing, showing the value of the project, your role in project development and if the proposal was approved or not.
- 3 referees including their up to date contact details
Please add all the above information into one file before emailing and send to [email protected] by 20th September, 2020. Do not attach any other documentation such as certificates at this stage. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.