Website Restless Development Zambia
ABOUT RESTLESS DEVELOPMENT
Young people share a restless determination to address the problems that affect them the most. That’s where we come in.
At Restless Development, we’re proud to be the banner carrier for youth-led development, demonstrating from the grassroots to the global policy levels that young people can and must play a lead role in development. As a result, Restless Development is repeatedly cited as a model of best practice in youth-led development by the World Bank, the UK Department for International Development (DFID), UNICEF, UNAIDS and others.
With over 10 years of successful work in Zambia, and being part of so many networks with public, private and civic society. We are looking for an experienced Procurement and Administration Coordinator to manage the organisation’s supply/engage of goods and services. The Administration and Procurement Intern duty is to discover the best ways to cut procurement expenses, so that the organisation can invest in growth and people and enforce the value for money mechanisms in the organisation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Job title: Administration and Procurement Intern
Salary: K 2,850 Monthly Basic Salary
Preferred start date: 21st January, 2021
Length of contract: 4 Months
Visa requirements: Must have the right to work in Zambia
Reports to: Administration and Procurement Assistant Coordinator
Expected travel: Expected to travel within Zambia to suppliers and support the programmes
Scope of Work and Focus
The Administration intern Scope of work will be supporting above listed projects with procurements with the focus on;
- System Strengthening and Processes
- Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Administration Management & Coordination
- Process purchase requisitions / orders within purchasing authority
- Assisting in the collection of quotations for procurements
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Prepare and maintain purchasing records, reports and price lists
- Assist in the development of specifications for equipment, materials, and services to be purchased
- Reconcile or resolve value discrepancies
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, standards, and best practices
- Supporting staff members with daily stationery needs
- Assisting the HOC office with filing documents
- Participating in the annual supplier review process
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues and management
- Collection of Receipts
- Photocopying and Printing
- Ensuring the front office is clean at all times
- Making office errands
- Welcoming visitors
- Other duties as required.
- You may occasionally be required to work on weekends and/or public holidays, for which time off in lieu will be granted
We are looking for people with the right competencies and skills for the role, and who demonstrate the personal qualities consistent with our Values.
Values, Behaviors and What we expect of the Administration Intern
HEART: We are who we serve. We are brave.
Values-led-Upholds the Restless Values at all times, demonstrating professionalism in their day-to-day work.
Innovation-Offers creative approaches to improving work. Is open to fresh ideas and adapts to change.
HEAD: We are 100% professional. We prove that young people can.
Delivers Quality- Adopts an honest and efficient approach to work. Uses resources responsibly.
Decision- Making- Proposes solutions to challenges and seeks to understand the reasons behind decisions.
VOICE: We generate leaders. We are proud to carry the banner for youth- led development.
Leadership- Actively seeks to develop their own leadership skills. Is seen as a leader to beneficiaries and other young people.
People Development- Is open to feedback and ideas for personal development. Willingly provides constructive feedback to others.
HANDS: We are in it together. We listen and learn.
Effective Communication- Actively listens and learns from those around them. Uses effective two-way communication to build rapport and relationships in the community.
Collaboration- Is an integral team member, contributing to team excellence.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The Administration Intern should have the following skill sets:
- communication, active listening and learning, reading comprehension, Coordination, judgment and decision making, organization, time management, writing, service orientation, negotiation, and very good with numbers.
- Minimum: Diploma in procurement and supply (CIPS level 4), Diploma in Business Administration or any other related Diploma.
- No experience required
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong leadership capabilities
WHAT WE DO FOR YOU
All work-related costs/expenses will be covered by Restless Development, i.e. Travel to and from the target intervention sites (placements) when assigned to do field work, related communication, and meals.
Values and Culture
At Restless Development, we’re proud that the strength and integrity of our Values has been recognised by staff, beneficiaries, donors and others who we work with. Beyond this, we have a culture of recognising and celebrating both our Values and our global achievements with monthly Values Champions and an annual Values Day.
Coordination of Activities and Reporting
Reporting for this internship and all the activities under it will be directly to the Snr Finance Manager and receive direct support from the Assistant Administration and Procurement Coordinator.
You are contracted to work 37.5 hours per week. Restless Development Zambia normal working hours are 8:00hrs to 17:00hrs – Monday to Thursday and Friday 8:00hrs to 13:00hrs.
Either party without cause may terminate this agreement by thirty (30) days written notice to the other party. All Restless Development property, intellectual or otherwise should be returned to Restless Development and ensure that all outstanding dues to the Charity are settled.
Travel and medical insurance
When travelling abroad with work, all staff will be covered by Restless Development’s travel insurance.
- Please send a completed application form to [email protected] by 15th January, 2021.
- Send your CVs, resumes and covering letter only.