Website Restless Development Zambia
About Restless Development.
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being side-lined. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities. Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but we can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organisation.
About the Role.
Restless Development in collaboration with Financial Service Providers will be delivering women’s financial Inclusion project. Restless Development and its partners have jointly developed this action to increase access to inclusive financial services and Products in rural and hard-to-reach areas. The project will be implemented in Eastern, Western and Luapula Province targeting 12,500 young women and 2,500 men living in 45 rural communities to have the capacity to make an informed decision to access inclusive digital financial services, with an increase in availability and usage of Financial Services and Products, enhanced savings and improved financial resilience.
The expected impact of the intervention is that young women and targeted communities will have the skills, knowledge and awareness to access appropriate and tailored financial services such as digitized savings, pension, insurance products and e-commerce markets. By encouraging FSPs and other key stakeholders to roll out more accessible and digitized FS&Ps in rural areas, combined with training and advocacy, the targeted young women will increase their uptake and usage of these products and services.
Restless Development therefore seeks to recruit for the Project dynamic, inspired and innovative Zambians to fill the roles of Programme Officer. The Programme Officers will be based in Chipata, Mansa and Limulunga respectively. They will be responsible for the programme implementation, support the digitalisation of Saving Groups and promote gender transformation through the adoption of digital financial platforms. And day- to-day project operations, establishing linkages with stakeholders at provincial and district levels in targeted schools and communities
Essential and Desirable skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field ( international development, gender studies, social work, or a related field)
- At least three years of experience in community mobilisation or related fields, preferably in the context of gender-focused interventions or digital financial services.
- Knowledge of the mobile money ecosystem and its regulation would be an added advantage.
- Strong understanding of gender and power dynamics and their impact on women’s economic empowerment
- Experience working with women’s Saving Groups or other community-based financial institutions
- Familiarity with digital tools and platforms for financial management, such as mobile money or digital banking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Strong training and capacity building skills, with the ability to engage diverse audiences and promote behaviour change
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Willingness to travel to partner communities as needed
- A strong personal commitment to the values. Code of conduct and methods of Restless Development.
- Proven facilitation and training skills
- A high level of motivation and ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field ( international development, gender studies, social work, or a related field)
How to Apply.
Please send a completed application form to [email protected] by 21st May,2023 indicating subject line as “APPLICATION_YOUR NAME_” e.g. APPLICATION_JANE DOE_ PROGRAMME OFFICER_PREFFERED LOCATION (TOWN)”.
Please note that we do not accept CVs, resumes or covering letters.
Click to download Here Application Form
Click to download Here Job Description
Kindly be informed that the application form can not be edited online. It has to be downloaded offline to be edited. If you encounter any challenges with downloading the Application form and the Job description you can request for them.
First round interviews are scheduled to take place on a date to be advised.
Restless Development is an Equal Opportunities employer and seeks to recruit, retain and develop staff from all sectors of the community and will ensure that no applicant or staff member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, social status, caste, race, ethnic origin, religious belief, age, HIV status, disability, or any other factor that cannot be shown to be relevant to performance.