Revenue for Growth (R4G)
USAID Revenue for Growth Project
The USAID Revenue for Growth (“R4G”) project implemented by Nathan Associates (prime contractor) and Cowater International (subcontractor) aims to help the Government of the Republic of Zambia (“GRZ”) improve domestic revenue mobilization (“DRM”) and thereby expand the fiscal space for public spending and investments in service delivery and poverty reduction. R4G will engage both government and non-government stakeholders to build capacity in tax policy analysis, improve tax compliance and administration, and strengthen the tax culture in a manner that facilitates private sector growth and accountability relationships between taxpayers and the GRZ.
The project is seeking to hire a Change Management Advisor to develop and implement a change and communication strategy / plan to embed the ZRA’s new operating model. An efficient and effective operating model is required to effectively and sustainably embed and execute an organization’s strategy. The recent completion of the ZRA’s 2022-2024 organizational strategy necessitates a review and alignment of its operating model, including its organizational structure, governance (including decision rights), ways of working, and processes.
The Change Management Advisor will be responsible for delivering the following deliverables:
- Change and communications strategy / plan (in MS PowerPoint or MS Word) for the OMR. To include change management initiatives to embed ZRA’s revised ways of working and human resource policies and practices; and a strategy / plan for Phase 4 of the OMR.
- Implementation of the change and communications strategy / plan
- Training and / or mentorship of ZRA’s senior management team and change management specialists, to ensure that the change management process is ZRA-led. To include the development of training materials and delivery thereof.
- Monthly OMR change management report (in MS Word) outlining the key activities carried out in the month and planned activities to be carried out in the next month.
- Attendance of OMR meetings with the CG, Board, OMR project team, etc., and documentation of key meeting outcomes and next steps (specifically with regard to change management and communication).
The preferred candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- Over 20 years of experience leading and managing change, including consulting and / or senior management-level experience.
- Experience providing change management advisory services / leading change management programs for large strategic transformation initiatives in private and public enterprises. Change management work related to operating model reviews will be an advantage.
- Experience consulting in Africa (or emerging markets). Work with revenue administrations and/or regional bodies on tax or customs will be an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentational skills.
- Excellent team player and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work within deadlines.
The role is estimated to last for a total of 15 days, starting as soon as possible and to complete the work by 31st January 2023.