Revenue for Growth (R4G)
USAID Revenue for Growth Project
The USAID Revenue for Growth (“R4G”) project implemented by Nathan Associates (prime contractor) and Cowater International (subcontractor) aims to help the Government of the Republic of Zambia (“GRZ”) improve domestic revenue mobilization (“DRM”) and thereby expand the fiscal space for public spending and investments in service delivery and poverty reduction. R4G will engage both government and non-government stakeholders to build capacity in tax policy analysis, improve tax compliance and administration, and strengthen the tax culture in a manner that facilitates private sector growth and accountability relationships between taxpayers and the GRZ.
R4G requires an advisor to conduct a jobs evaluation of selected roles in the new ZRA organizational structure which is to be implemented effective January 1, 2024. The advisor will also train selected ZRA staff members on the selected jobs evaluation methodology utilised. The Advisor will have regular engagements with the ZRA Commissioner General and the ZRA Governing Board. The advisory position will take an estimated 20 days to complete between 1. November 2023 and 30. January 2024.
The following deliverables are expected to be delivered in the course of the assignment:
– A document outlining the job evaluation methodology options for ZRA, including a recommended methodology to be used by ZRA and the proposed jobs evaluation plan (with timelines).
– Report outlining the jobs evaluation outcomes for the roles of 3-6 Commissioner roles, 20-30 Director roles and 30 Assistant Director Roles.
– Development of training materials on the job evaluation methodology utilised and delivery thereof.
– Monthly jobs evaluation report outlining the key activities carried out in the month and planned activities to be carried out next month.
– Attendance of OMR meetings with the CG, board and OMR project team, and documentation of key meeting outcomes and next steps.
The Advisor will possess the following experience and qualifications:
- Over 20 years of experience conducting job evaluations, including consulting and / or senior management-level experience
- Experience conducting job evaluation advisory services for large private and public enterprises. Work with revenue administrations and/or regional bodies on tax or customs will be an advantage.
- Experience consulting in Africa (or emerging markets).
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentational skills.
- Excellent team player and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work within deadlines.