Website RGPM Chemicals Limited
ACCOUNTANT – 1 POSITION
RGPM Chemicals Limited is a member of RGPM Group of companies and Zambian registered. It is a fast-developing company with a focused management that is looking to exponential growth within a few years.
RGPM Chemicals LTD is looking for a suitably qualified and experienced candidate for the position of Accountant under the Finance Department. The successful candidate will oversee the company’s financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books in accounts payable and receivable, payroll, daily financial entries as well as cumulative tasks and reconciliations. He/she will also assist with basic HR duties like new hire documents, compliance, and temporary disability insurance and workers’ compensation filings, making them an indispensable part of an organization’s fiscal fitness.
He/she will be reporting to the Finance manager.
- Perform daily accounting tasks such as monthly financial reporting, general ledger entries, and recording payments and adjustments.
- Maintain records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
- Develop system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balance subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintain general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balance general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintain historical records by filing documents.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Comply with International accounting standards, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Comply with ZRA requirements and all statutory obligations and making sure all invoices processed are compliant
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develop Standards and policies
- Analyze Information for management reports
- Deal with Complex transactions
- Report Research Results
- Data Entry Skills
- IFRS and IAS knowledge a must
- Attention to Detail
- Good interpersonal and communication
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- ACCA Professional level or equivalent.
- Member of ACCA and ZICA a must
- 2 years or more working in a relevant field from recognized company
RGPM Chemicals Ltd provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (Female employees are encouraged to apply).
Candidates meeting these requirements should send their application to [email protected]
Apply by not later than 19th December 2020.